Accounting: Make Your Future Count!
Master of Science (Accounting)Purdue's two-semester, 30 credit-hour Master of Science (Accounting) Program provides students with the education needed to launch successful careers with top accounting firms and corporations. Our program builds on Purdue's historical strength in developing students with outstanding analytical, technical and critical thinking skills. It also strengthens students' written and oral communication skills and provides ample opportunities for interactions with professionals from public accounting, government and industry.
Graduates have placed nationally at Big 4 public accounting firms, regional and local public accounting firms and Fortune 1000 corporations.
Join us and earn a Masters degree while becoming CPA-exam ready!
MS(A) Program Details:
- 30 credit hours of coursework over the Fall and Spring semesters of an academic year.
- Flexible curriculum with two tracks
- CPA track suitable for public and corporate accounting
- CPA/CMA track suitable for specialized corporate accounting
- Field consulting opportunities with start-ups and non-profits
- Customizable plan of study which emphasizes
- Advanced accounting electives
- Excel skills
- Communication skills
- Research opportunities
- Professional and ethical standards
- MS(A) program and fact sheet
- Example Plan of Study (2013-2014 Academic year)
- Detailed course descriptions
- Application checklist and information
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
For those interested in taking the CPA exam in Indiana, the educational requirements are available for download here either as a .pdf file or as a WordPerfect document. The Indiana CPA Society has developed a brochure that explains what you need to know to become a CPA in Indiana. The link to the Indiana CPA Society's website is here. Additional CPA candidate information is available from the Society here. The July 2013 CPA candidate bulletin available from NASBA-AICPA is available here. The 2013 AICPA Exam digital brochure is here.
If you are interested in taking the CPA exam in another state, please follow this link and then click on the relevant state to go to that state's requirements.