For over 29 years the Dauch Center for the Management of Manufacturing Enterprises (DCMME) and the Global Supply Chain Management Initiative (GSCMI) Center have been the focal point within the Krannert School of Management for promoting education, research and industrial engagement with those interested in operations management, manufacturing management, and supply chain management.
The Centers accomplish this through conferences, student competitions, and company projects that create venues for collaboration between firms, students and faculty around the state and across the globe. These opportunities place our students on the leading edge of emerging ideas and technologies and provide differentiating advantages in the manufacturing business.
Ananth Iyer (2015 - Present)
George Shanthikumar (2011 - 2015)
Ananth Iyer (2005 - 2011)
Herb Moskowitz (1991 - 2004)
Leroy B. Schwarz (1988 - 1990)
Manufacturing Excellence is what DCMME corporate partners practice, what DCMME faculty partners research, and what DCMME student partners learn. For nearly 25 years, we have stood ready at the nexus of industry, faculty, and student endeavors to meet the wide array of challenges that face the manufacturing sector, serving as a catalyst for collaboration and a motivating force in:
- Creating innovative solutions for our corporate partners.
- Driving cutting-edge manufacturing management research by our faculty partners.
- Delivering course content that compels and excites our student partners.
Please explore our website to learn more about our passion for manufacturing, and how you can share in and benefit from our efforts!
Many of today's most successful firms attribute their success to a strategically managed global supply chain. The complexities of coordinating and collaborating within a global network of designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers grow as businesses seek to attain a competitive advantage through carefully formulated strategies for managing flows in physical, informational and financial channels.
Supply Chain Management is the process of ensuring that products are produced and delivered quickly and efficiently:
- Drives coordination of processes and activities among marketing, sales, product design, manufacturing, finance and information technology.
- Encompasses the planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion and all logistical activities.
- Includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
- Integrates supply and demand management within and across companies.
- Responsible for linking major business functions and business processes within and across companies into a cohesive and high-performing business model.
The Global Supply Chain Management Initiative gives current and future managers the opportunity to be on the forefront of emerging ideas and technologies that promise to provide a differentiating advantage to businesses in the future.
This initiative offers a broad-based approach to develop your business skills through a variety of programs.