Global Business Projects
What makes a good Project?
- Unsolved topic – not just another opinion on an already decided course of action
- Measurable outcomes/results – such as profitability impact, revenue growth, cost reduction, customer satisfaction growth, market share growth, other quantitative metrics
- Lends itself to quantitative and qualitative data-driven analysis from data secondary and primary research (analytics is a strength of Purdue)
- Has a natural executive owner committed to the project who will commit 2 to 3 hours per week and 10-12 hours per week while students are in host country
- Appropriate for graduate student level of analysis without intimate knowledge of the industry. We will try to match project with experience or strength of the team members.
- Project fits the timeline of late January to May with travel and presentation in the host country during May. That is 5 MBA’s during the semester and 40+ each while in country; roughly equivalent to 1000 project hours
*Projects can be structured for students to travel to the host country for data collection March 12-20 and present their results virtually in late April.