About NSF I-Corps
National Science Foundation's (NSF) Innovation Corps or I-Corps is a public-private partnership program that teaches university faculty and graduate student entrepreneurs with a targeted curriculum to identify valuable product opportunities that can emerge from academic research, and provides entrepreneurship training to participants.
Purdue University’s designation as an NSF I-Corps site (effective March 1, 2015) is the result of collaboration between the Krannert School of Management, the Foundry at the Burton Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, the College of Engineering, and the College of Technology.
I-Corps Programs at Purdue
Introduction to Customer Discovery (ICD) Short Course
Kickoff October 27, 2017
Application deadline: October 13, 2017
The Introduction to Customer Discovery course is a taste of the Lean LaunchPad method to give early-stage technologists a working knowledge of how to think about their opportunity from a business and customer perspective, as well as how to properly conduct customer discovery interviews; the first step in any commercialization process. This course covers the two main concepts in NSF I-CorpsTM: value propositions and customer segments. This course provides technologists with a set of skills and entrepreneurial knowledge that can be applied to any career path.
Benefits of the ICD
- Develop best practices for conducting customer discovery and identifying key stakeholders.
- Learn, practice and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Understand market trends and needs in your technology area.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Obtain eligibility to apply for $50,000 and attend the National NSF I-CorpsTM team grant.
- Prepare for applying to the SBIR or STTR programs.
The application process begins with an application submission to the program. In the days following an application submission, the team will be contacted by a member of the MWIN I-Corps team with additional details regarding next steps.