School Year 2017-18
The Purdue Center for Economic Education (PCEE) announces the availability of Mini-Grants up to $800 each. The mini-grants are competitive, and open to all accredited K-12 public and private schools in northwest Indiana including Howard and Marion counties. Multiple schools from the same school corporation may apply for grants. Up to three grants will be awarded.
- Completed grant applications must be submitted via email by Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
- The applications must be signed.
- Grant recipients will be announced by November 1, 2017.
- Target date for schools to receive funding is November 22, 2017.
- Funds must be spent during the 2017-2018 academic school year. The scheduled time frame of the awarded project is flexible; however, all grant monies must be expended by June 30, 2018.
- A final report describing the funded project and a detail of grant expenditures is to be submitted to the PCEE by July 30, 2018. Any unused funds over $1.00 (one dollar) must be returned to Purdue University.
GUIDELINES FOR EXPENDITURES
Allowable expenditures must be consistent with the applicant’s objectives as described in the proposal. These expenditures may include:
- In-service training
- Curriculum Materials
- Community resources
- Substitute Teacher Pay
Consumer economic proposals and proposals that support financial literacy are eligible for funding. Ineligible expenditures include salaries or computer hardware. Preference will be given to proposals that allow for a combination of expenditures.
Proposals will be reviewed by the staff of the Purdue Center for Economic Education and the Indiana Council for Economic Education.
The proposal reviews will be based on the following criteria:
Criteria Possible Points Goals and objectives 10 Activities which support the goals & objectives 30 Economic/personal finance/entrepreneurship content and standards covered * 15 Evaluation 10 Number of students and teachers involved 10 Effective use of grant funds 15 Creativity 10 Total possible points awarded 100
*State standards can be found here. http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/centers/pcee/materials-and-programs/standards.php
Download, fill out and print the application. Then obtain signatures, scan, and email the completed and signed application to Jennifer Redden at email@example.com by Wednesday, October 11, 2017. If you need assistance, please contact Jennifer via email or by calling 765-494-7336.