With over 1000 students attending, our career fair is a great opportunity to build your corporate presence at the Krannert School of Management. Why recruit at Krannert/Purdue? Purdue ranked 4th in Wall Street Journal's job recruiter rankings and 3rd in a 2012 Bloomberg Businessweek recruiter survey.
This event is unique because it is planned and organized entirely by students from the School of Management Employers Forum committee. Because of the hard work and dedication of these students, the Career Fair is a success each year.
The Career Fair consists of three days of events:
- January 29th (optional)
- Resume Critiques
- Company Presentations
- Informal Social
- January 30th
- Career Fair
- Evening Company Presentations (optional)
- January 31th
- Student Interviews (optional)
Career Fair Registration - is OPEN
Registration is a 2 step process and both steps must be completed for you to be officially registered. Registration is $575 and includes the informal social, recruiter luncheon, and a booth with one 3' x 6' table (max of 4 reps per registration) at the Career Fair. There are additional registration packages that incorporate SMEF Coffee Hour and Scholarship Program sponsorship and other marketing benefits. Complete details and pricing information is listed on the registration form.
- Step 1 - Register for the Career Fair (company and recruiting info). This year we are using the Career Fair Manager in NACElink for our registration. Our career fair link will also appear on the CCO Express desktop.
- Step 2 - Submit your billing information
- the link to submit your payment by credit card, and an invoice, will be included in your registration confirmation email
Edit/Update Your Registration Info - if you need to update your career fair registration (i.e. employer profile, logo, recruiting needs, recruiter info etc...) you can login to your CCO Express account to make changes. Click "events/career fairs" then click the "review - confirmed" button to edit your registration. Your registration will be re-confirmed. Please disregard the attached invoice if you have already paid the registration fee.
Krannert Undergrad Coffee Hour
The purpose of the coffee hour is to facilitate an opportunity for recruiters, faculty, and students to interact in a casual atmosphere while opening up future networking connections. The School of Management is continuing the SMEF Coffee Hour every Monday and Thursday morning for the third year in a row and we are excited to offer new levels of engagement for our sponsors. You can signup to sponsor the coffee hour when you register for the career fair. This will allow us to showcase our sponsors during the career fair.
What's New at Krannert
- New Majors - this fall Krannert added majors in Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain, Information and Analytics. Prior to 2013, these areas were considered concentrations or their concepts were included in our courses.
- Launching Business Leaders - The next generation of global business leaders will need more than stellar academic credentials to succeed. Through Krannert’s Launching Business Leaders Program, our students build a personal brand, become proficient in developing professional relationships and expand their leadership skills as they earn Purdue degrees.
- Co-Op Program: Krannert is now part of the Purdue Co-Op program and our students can accept 3-session or 5-session co-op's with approved companies. If you are interested in finding out more information refer to the Office of Professional Practice website or contact our office.
- The Krannert School’s initiative for Women in Management focuses on empowering women, increasing the number of women at Krannert and advancing women’s business careers. Find out more about the Initiative during lunch at the SMEF Career Fair. Contact Joy Dietz for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 765.496-6615
Additional Recruiting Events & Opportunities
- Connect with our Student Organizations. Building a relationship with an organization(s) will serve as a valuable opportunity to work with Krannert's best and most active student leaders. Potential opportunities include but are not limited to: giving a company presentation, sponsoring their activities, case competitions, resume critiques, mock interviews or plant tours. A complete list of organizations and their contact information will be provided in August.
- MGMT 301: Alumni “Adopt a Team” Program - Career Development Seminars, would like to increase the competency of students in the “networking” and “informational interviewing” skill areas. Through the “Alumni ‘Adopt a Team’ Program” each class team would have an alum who interacts with the team throughout the course a few times. Alumni could interact via: e-mail, phone/skype, and hopefully one time in person. Please contact Maureen Huffer Landis at email@example.com or 765-494-7445 if interested in learning more about this great opportunity to mentor current students within a class structure!