Professor of Management, and the Director of Purdue e-Business Research Center
Krannert School of Management
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Dr. Alok R. Chaturvedi is a Professor in Purdue University's Krannert Graduate School of Management and the Department of Computer Sciences (courtesy) and the Founder, Chairman, and the CEO of Simulex Inc., a Modeling and Simulation Company located in Purdue Technology Park. He is the technical lead for US Department of Defense's Sentient World Simulation project. Dr. Chaturvedi is the founding Director of Purdue Homeland Security Institute and has also served as an Adjunct Research Staff Member at the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA), Alexandria, Virginia – a leading think tank on national and homeland securities matters. He received his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems and Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is an accomplished scholar and thinker and has published extensively in major journals and conference proceedings. Dr. Chaturvedi has been working on multi-agent synthetic environments for over fifteen years. He has led a team of researchers to develop the Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulation (SEAS). SEAS is extensively being used by the US Department of Defense for war games, experimentations, planning, analysis, operations, and shaping in multiple theaters. National Training Simulations Association (NTSA) recognized SEAS as the best simulation for analysis in all of Department of Defense for the year 2005. Dr. Chaturvedi is the Principal Investigator (PI) and the Project Director for several major grants from National Science Foundation, Indiana 21st Century Research and Technology Fund, Office of Naval Research, Defense Acquisition University, and several Fortune 500 companies. He has been involved with several Government task forces on important public policy and national security matters. Professor Chaturvedi was named in Federal 100 by Federal Computer Weekly and was awarded the "Sagamore of the Wabash" by the Governor of Indiana, the highest civilian award for his service to the State.
- Ph.D., MIS/Computer Science, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1989.
- M.S., MIS/Computer Science, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1985.
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, India, 1980.
- 2006- Professor, Krannert School of Management
- 2006- Professor, Department of Computer Sciences (Courtesy)
- 2012- Director, Institute for Social Empowerment through Entrepreneurship and Knowledge (ISEEK)
- 2014-2016 Global Affairs Fellow for Policy, Global Policy Research Institute
- 2004-2006 Associate Professor, Department of Computer Sciences (Courtesy)
- 2003-2007 Director, Purdue Homeland Security Institute
- 2001-2012 Director, Purdue e-Business Research Center
- Director, Indiana Consortium for e-Business Research
- 1993-2006 Associate Professor, Krannert Graduate School of Management
- 1988-1993 Assistant Professor, Krannert Graduate School of Management
Institute for Defense Analyses
- 10/95-2005 Adjunct Research Staff Member, Institute for Defense Analyses, Alexandria, Virginia. IDA is a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), whose purpose is to promote national security and the public interest.
1999-2005 Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer