Continuous Term Lecturer
Management Information Systems
" <p>I enjoy the fact that I can help students increase their joy of learning.</p> "
Expert FAQ: Why Insider Trading Hurts Us, and How We Can Fix It
Insider trading occurs when someone – the ‘insider’ – uses information that has not been made public yet to trade a company’s stock or other securities, such as bonds and stock options.
- Qi Annabelle Feng
Wickham Skinner Early-Career Research Accomplishments Award by the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS). Following this, she was appointed as the Departmental Editor for Stochastic Models for the POMS journal. past winners
- Mike Campion,
Emerald Management Reviews Citations of Excellence Awards for 2011, top 50 articles with proven impact
- Vinayak Deshpande,
2010 M&SOM Meritorious Service Award for outstanding service over the past year for the M&SOM journal and for the professional community in general
- Benjamin Dunford,
2011 Douglas McGregor Award for the best paper published in the Journal of Applied Behavioral Science in 2010:
- A paper co-authored by former doctoral students Natalia Weisz, Roberto Vassolo, Luiz Mesquita, and professor emeritus Arnold Cooper has won an award. "Diversity and Social Capital of Nascent Entrepreneurial Teams in Business Plan Competitions" published in Management Research: The Journal of the Iberoamerican Academy of Management was chosen as the "Outstanding Paper" published in that journal in 2010.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, and Duncan Simester. 2011. "Goodbye Pareto Principle, Hello Long Tail: The Effect of Search Cost on the Concentration of Product Sales." Management Science, forthcoming.
- Ren, Charlotte R., Ye Hu, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, and Jerry Hausman. 2011. "Managing Product Variety and Collocation in a Competitive Environment: An Empirical Investigation of Consumer ElectronicsRetailing." Management Science, forthcoming
- "Outsourcing Manufacturing: Secure Price-Masking Mechanisms for Purchasing Component Parts", Deshpande, V., Schwarz, L.B., Atallah, M.J., Blanton, M., and Frikken, K.B., Production and Operations Management, Vol 20(2), March-April 2011, pp. 165-180.
- Sunantha Teyarachakul, Suresh Chand and James Ward, "Effect of Learning and Forgetting on Batch Sizes, " Production and Operations Management, Vol. 20, Number 1, Jan-Feb 2011, pp 116-128.
- Paul K. Chaney, Mara Faccio, and David C. Parsley, “The quality of accounting information in politically connected firms,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, February 2011, vol. 51(1-2), 58-76.
- Matthew D. Cain, David J. Denis, Diane K. Denis, “Earnouts: A study of financial contracting in acquisition agreements,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, February 2011, vol. 51(1-2), 151-170.
- “Sentiment Revealed Through Social Media and Its Effect on the Stock Market” (with Hailang Chen, Prabuddha De, and Jeffrey Hu), 2011, IEEE Statistical Signal Processing P&P, forthcoming.
Copyright © 2012 Purdue University. All Rights Reserved. An equal access/equal opportunity university.
Krannert School of Management is an accredited member of AACSB - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the Krannert Webmaster at email@example.com.