I work on two different research streams: 1) pricing in electronic contexts, and 2) economics of information security and piracy.
Companies I interact with in this stream include McAfee Inc.
- Pricing (using Auctions) in Electronic Contexts
- Overby, E., and Kannan, K. (2012) “How Reduced Buyer Search Cost Affects Auction Prices,” Working Paper (Link).
- Kannan, K. (2012, Forthcoming) “Effects of Revelation Policies under Cost Uncertainty,” Information Systems Research. (Link)
- Cason, T., Kannan, K., and Siebert, R. (2011) “An Experimental Study of Information Revelation Policies in Sequential Auctions,” Management Science, 57(4): 667 - 688 (Link).
- Kannan, K. (2010) “Declining Prices in Sequential Auction with Complete Revelation of Bids,” Economic Letters, Vol. 108(1): 49-51 (Link).
- Greenwald, A., Kannan, K., and Krishnan, R. (2010) “On Evaluating Information Revelation Policies in Procurement Auctions: A Markov Decision Process Approach,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 20(4): 15-36 (Link).
- Balachander, S., Kannan, K., and Schwartz, D. (2009) “A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Alternate Auction Policies for Search Advertisements,” Review of Marketing Science, Vol. 7, Article 5 (Link).
- Tawarmalani, M., Kannan, K., and De, P. (2009) “Allocating Objects in a Network of Caches: Centralized and Decentralized Analyses,” Management Science, Vol. 55(1): 132-147 (Link).
Arora, A., Greenwald, A., Kannan, K., and Krishnan, R. (2007) “Effects of Information Revelation Policies Under Market Structure Uncertainty,” Management Science, Vol. 53(8): 1234-1248 (Link).
Companies I interact with in this stream include AT&T, freemarkets.com, among others.
- Economics of Information Security and Piracy:
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., Maximiano, S., and Rees, J., (2012) “Digital Piracy, Teens, and the Source of Advice: An Experimental Study,” Working paper (Link).
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees, J., (2012) “The Association Between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors,” Working paper (Link).
- Kannan, K., Rees, J., and Sridhar, S. (2007) “Market Reactions to Security Breach Announcements: An Empirical Analysis,” International Journal of E-Commerce, Vol. 12(1): 69-91 (Link).
- Kannan, K., and Telang, R. (2005) “Markets for Software Vulnerabilities? Think again,” Management Science, Vol. 51(5): 726-741 (Link).