Brian Cardinal, BSM ’00, was an instrumental member of the 2011 NBA champion Dallas Mavericks. He shot 66.7 percent from the field in the finals. The Mavericks were 4-0 when Cardinal played in the series and 0-2 when he didn’t.
- Matthew L. Donaldson, BSM ’00, Menomonee Falls, WI, was promoted to corporate human resources director at Brady Corp., where he serves as the business partner for finance, information technology, business development, research development and human resources. He also be assuming the business partner role for the company’s Indian Shared Services Team and will continue to manage its North American recruiting team.
- Darin M. Gesse, MSM ’00, Farmington Hills, MI, was recently appointed Chevrolet Volt marketing product manager at General Motors.
- Jordan K. Kelly-Banas, BSM ’00, MBA ’03, and Matthew D. Banas (EDU ’02), Lake in the Hills, IL, welcomed the birth of their daughter, Shealyn, in December 2010.
- János Winkler, MSM ’00, was appointed to the board of directors of E.ON Hungária. Winkler has spent some 20 years as a top executive in the telecommunications industry at Westel/T-Mobil and later at Magyar Telekom, where he served as deputy CEO.
- Brian Zurawski, MSM ’00, chief operating officer with Summit Realty Group, is included in the Indianapolis Business Journal’s 2011 “Forty Under 40” list.
- Raymond Brown, MBA ’03, is director of commercial services at Covidien Corp. in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Jeff Pritchett, MBA ’03, Baltimore, MD, was promoted to vice president, finance and treasurer at Vertis Communications, a provider of targeted print advertising and direct marketing solutions to retail and consumer services companies. Pritchett joined Vertis in 2007 as vice president, financial planning and analysis.
- David Owen, BSIM ’05, and his wife, Nancy, welcomed the birth of their second child, Douglas Belknap Owen II, on March 23, 2011. The family resides in Dallas, TX.
- Joseph Pabst, IMM ’05, is now director, Airline Center of Excellence, American Express, in New York, NY.
- Mamon Powers III, MBA ’05, vice president of Powers and Sons Construction, is included in the Indianapolis Business Journal’s 2011 “Forty Under 40” list.
- Sean Mehrbod, MBA ’06, recently accepted a position with MedImmune, a biotechnology company in Maryland, where he is senior manager of finance for research and development.
- John Trougakos, PhD ’06, a faculty member at the University of Toronto, co-authored the Best Paper Award recipient in the Organization Behavior Division of the Academy of Management.
- Tiffani R. Tyler-English, BSM ’06, Chicago, IL, is the executive director of a nonprofit youth development organization, The First Tee of Hammond, that strives to positively impact the lives of youth by teaching valuable life skills and healthy habits through the game of golf.
- Jason D. Heman, BSM ’08, Fishers, IN, has been licensed to practice as a certified public accountant. He prepares tax returns and financial statements for Heman Lawson Hawks LLP, a CPA firm with offices in West Lafayette and Fowler.
- Chris Prendergast, MBA ’08, has joined Click Rain as an online marketing strategist, where he will manage analytics, e-mail, search and social marketing projects for a variety of clients. Prendergast, who is Google Analytics certified, also has been running his own e-commerce operation for the past two years.
- Keith R. Smith, MBA ’08, has joined AptClarity LLC as senior business intelligence consultant. AptClarity helps clients improve visibility and overall results by providing immediate access to critical business information via interactive business intelligence dashboards. Smith previously worked at Xerox as business information manager. He resides in Oregon with his wife, Arianne, and their two daughters, Kallie and Charlotte.
- Charles A. Moore, MBA ’09, Lafayette, IN, has joined software startup Allegro Dynamics as director of business operations. Allegro Dynamics is located in the Kurz Purdue Technology Center, which is part of the Purdue Research Park in West Lafayette.
- Luke Sutton, BSIM ’09, Albuquerque, NM, was promoted to vice president of manufacturing and supply chain at Noribachi, a leading innovator of self-powered, design-centric clean technology. Sutton, who previously served as production manager, will spearhead the company’s process improvement and efficiency efforts
- Katie Zeller, BSM ’09, Zionsville, IN, is a CPA with Ernst & Young in Chicago.
- Lauren S. (Feulner) Brett, BSM ’10, married Kevin P. Brett (LA ’09) on March 12. Brett is human resources coordinator at Carlson Marketing in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN.
- P. Matthew (Matt) Darley, BSM ’10, River Forest, IL, is an analyst at W.S. Darley Company in Itasca, IL.
- Brian T. Hauersperger, BSM ’10, Franklin, IN, married Linda Jo (Haley) Hauersperger on June 25. Brian works as a staff accountant for Blue Co. LLC.
- Kelsey N. (Lacey) Violette, BSM ’10, married Kristofer M. Violette (T ’09) on March 12 in Louisville, KY. Kelsey works in marketing operations for Service Net and lives in Georgetown, IN.
- Thea Hoffmeister, BSM ’11, was named to the All-American Scholar Team by the National Golf Coaches Association for the third straight year and is now competing on the Ladies European Amateur Tour. Hoffmeister was part of the Purdue national championship team in 2010 and the runner-up squad in 2011. Her former teammate and 2009 NCAA individual champion Maria Hernandez (BSM ’09) is completing her second year as a professional on the LPGA Tour.