- Michael Boebinger, MSM ’90 (ECE ’87), Normal, IL, has been promoted to director of marketing for Frontier Communications’ central region.
- Christopher Kearney, BS (ACCT) ’90, Chicago, IL, received the 2011 President’s Cup Award, which is provided to Tatum’s Employee of the Year from its 600 employees.
- Gary L. Melliere, BSM ’90, Akron, OH, accepted the position of general manager, Goodyear Brand Marketing, at the Goodyear Tire Rubber Company based in Akron, OH.
- Jim Mesterharm, BS (ACCT) ’90, managing director at AlixPartners LLP, was honored by the Turnaround Management Association for his company’s work at General Growth Properties Inc., America’s second-largest mall owner. Mesterharm and his team won the TMA’s “Transaction of the Year –– Mega Company” award for 2011.
- Alison Krebs, MSM ’91, is director of knowledge exchange for CoBank, a business bank headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, that serves rural America.
- Robert A. Jennings, MSM ’92, is now employed at Associated Banc Corp. in Milwaukee, WI.
- Eugene Wu, MSIA ’94, was named vice president of the Asia Pacific group at Donaldson Co. Wu, who most recently served as chief advisor to the chairman of the board with Wanhua Industrial Group, will maintain an office in China and hold the regional title of president, Asia Pacific.
- Nancy E. Paton, MSM ’95, Chagrin Falls, OH, has joined Kaiser Permanente Ohio as its chief public affairs officer.
- Deirdre Stokes, MSM '96, manager of corporate strategy at Kellogg Co., received the Green Treasury Project of the Year award at the 2011 Global Corporate Treasury Awards. In partnership with JP Morgan, Stokes was recognized for her work reducing Kellogg’s environmental impact.
- Jason M. Chapman, MSM ’97, was promoted to president and CIO, Global Business Services, at MeadWestvaco in Richmond, VA.
- Jefferson J. Huguenard, BSM ’97, and Mary E. (Zabel) Huguenard (T ’97), Alpharetta, GA, welcomed a son, Dylan Christopher, on Jun. 23, 2011. Dylan joins older siblings Austin, Brayden and Kaitlyn.
- Jennifer (Watson) Krause, BS (ACCT) ’97, Minooka, IL, is a manufacturing analyst at Forbo Adhesives. She and her husband, Steve, plan to start a family soon.
- Paul W. Pitts, BSM ’97 (LA ’97), San Francisco, CA, has been named a partner with the international law firm of Reed Smith LLP. He counsels clients on healthcare regulatory law.
- Catherine (Carey) Wells, BSM ’97, and her husband, Ted Wells (T’ 88), Carol Stream, IL, welcomed the birth of their daughter, Emily Marie, on Nov. 17, 2011.
- Scott J. Epstein, BSM ’99, Chicago, IL, is currently director of solutions and consulting with CCC Information Services. He and his wife, Wendy, have two children, Ethan and Sabrina.
- Matthew Gonterman, BSM ’00, Elmhurst, IL is the vice president of information technology delivery for project management at SIRVA.
- Nadia (Wendt) Conti, BSM ’01, and Russell Conti (T ’01), Fort Myers, FL, welcomed their first child, Luciano William, Oct. 29, 2011.
- Steve P. Creel, BSM ’01, MBA ’08, Milwaukee, WI, is now controller, Salty Snacks Manufacturing, at General Mills. He recently earned the Certiﬁed Management Accountant (CMA) designation.
- James Vaca, BSM ’01, MBA ’06, and Mary (Putsey) Vaca, BSM ’01, Charlotte, NC, are proud to announce the birth of their son, Elias James (EJ), on Apr. 14, 2011. He was welcomed home by big sisters Ava and Audrey.
- Jeremy Xu, MBA '01, of Shanghai, China, is business director in the Asia Pacific region of DuPont Protection Technologies. Xu and his team of 320 professionals are responsible for business strategies for products such as Kevlar, Nomex and Tyvek in Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea and 15 other countries. Xu, who also earned a PhD in agriculture, recently received a Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award from Purdue’s College of Agriculture.
- Amit Goyal, EMBA ’02, a materials scientist and corporate fellow at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, was one of nine winners of the 2011 Orlando Lawrence Award from the U.S. Department of Energy. Goyal won the award for his pioneering research in the field of applied high temperature superconductivity.
- Lori Szczypiorski, BSIM '02, married William Gallippo on June 18. The couple resides in New Carlisle, IN. She currently is the purchasing manager for State Wide Aluminum in Elkhart, IN.