THOMAS G. CRANE, BSIM ’68, San Diego, CA, published The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-Performance Coaching Culture. The book is available at Amazon.com.
DAVID P. BERLIEN, BSIM ’72, Wilmington, DE, retired from DuPont after nearly 40 years of service, including corporate international finance, college relations recruitment manager, and Six Sigma master black belt for global human resources.
- PATRICK J. KLINKER, BSIM ’72, Louisville, KY, has begun his second retirement after 18 years with UPS Airlines as a captain on the Boeing 757 and 767 and the MD-11. He first retired in 1992 as a commander in the U.S. Navy, having flown both the F-4 Phantom and F-14 Tomcat.
- WILLIAM STRONG, BSIM ’73, Hong Kong, China, was named chief executive of the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC), a cross-sector advisory body dedicated to enhancing, elevating and championing the competitive position of Hong Kong as an international financial center. Strong has served as co-chief executive officer for the Asia-Pacific region of Morgan Stanley since March 2011.
- BOB WRIGHT, BSIM ’73, is the new president of Doctors Vision Center, a professional network of 44 eye care centers throughout North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. He began his career with the company in 2001 as chief financial officer.
- GARY J. LEHMAN, BSIM ’74, West Lafayette, IN, chief executive officer of Oerlikon Fairfield Drive Systems, was recognized as CEO of the Year by the prestigious Swiss business periodical Finanz and Wirtschaft.
- KEN OUDEMAN, MSM ’76, Fort Collins, CO, is a senior technician at IBM.
- RICHARD DIESSLIN, BSIM ’78, Beavercreek, OH, has published three books: Out to Lunch: Cartoons with an Appetite for the Ridiculous, The New Classics: 21st Century Comic Strips, and The Cartoon Old Testament: Cartoons and Commentary on the Old Testament. They are available at Amazon.com.
RAND GEE, MSHRM ’80, is a senior partner at Up Your Leadership in Pentwater, MI.
- CORY LUPINACCI, MSM ’82, recently received a master’s degree in administration from Central Michigan University. He is operations controller at Johnson Controls Automotive in Plymouth, MI.
- RICHARD SWADLEY, BSIM ’82, Indianapolis, IN, is vice president and executive publisher of the Professional Development Division at John Wiley & Sons.
- MARK BUCHERL, MSIA ’87, recently completed a six-week, cross-country benefit ride with five other bicyclists for Mercy Housing, a nonprofit affordable housing organization. Bucherl is IT marketing manager Roche Diagnostics in Indianapolis, IN.
- CHERYL (MELCHIOR) HOLLAND, MSM ’89, Woodvale, Australia, is director of the Lady Lawley Cottage by the Sea for the Australian Red Cross. Lady Lawley Cottage, located in Perth, Western Australia, provides support to families with children who have multiple disabilities and chronic medical disorders.