- Steve Edwards (BSIM '67), Treasure Island, FL, is on staff at Admiral Farragut Academy, a distinguished naval honors boarding school for grades K–12 in St. Petersburg, FL. He serves as the drill instructor and coach of the Exhibition Drill Team and Honor Guard and as the residential curriculum director in the Residential Life program.
- Larry Juday, (BSIM ’68), Vancouver, WA, was recognized for his leadership and exceptional contributions as a volunteer at the Humane Society of Southwest Washington. He and his wife, Susan, also were honored as the 2013 Foster Volunteers of the Year for their care of more than 30 seriously ill cats.
- Jack Zimmermann (MSIA '70), Houston, TX, was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association in May 2014. He continues to practice as a senior partner in a Houston-based law firm focusing on state, federal and military defense cases.
- Rick Sayers (BSIM ’73, MSIA '85) was inducted into the Indiana Football Hall of Fame in May 2014 in recognition of his stellar play at Adams High School in South Bend and at Purdue. Following a successful career in business, Sayers now serves as executive director for career preparation and internships for the College of Business and Management at Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL.
- Anthony Bridge, (BSIM ’76), Moon, PA, was named executive vice president of Chester Group Inc. and chief operating officer of Chester Engineers Inc. Chester provides energy, water and wastewater solutions to public and industrial clients across the United States and internationally.
- Ken Oudeman (MSM '76), Timnath, CO, has retired from IBM as a senior technical staff member.
- Bernard McNeal (MSM '77) is an assistant proessor of accounting at Bowie State University in Bowie, MD.
- Chuck Spevacek (BSIM '77), Shorewood, MN, was honored by Minnesota Lawyer as one of its Attorneys of the Year for 2013. As a two-time honoree, he was inducted into the Attorneys of the Year Circle of Excellence. He was also named by the Best Lawyers in America as its 2014 Minnesota Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year. He is a senior partners at Meagher & Geer LLP.
- Venu Srinivasan (MSM '77, HDR '14), chairman of Sundaram Clayton Group and managing director of TVS Motor Co., received an honorary doctorate from Purdue at spring commencement ceremonies. He has won numerous awards for excellence in quality manufacturing and served as the president of the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- David A. Ford (MSIA '78), was named president of Precision Aviation Services (PAS) of Peachtree City, GA. Ford, who has held leadership roles at companies specializing in rotorcraft and gas turbines, will be responsible for managing PAS' role as a leading provider of products and value-added services to the worldwide aerospace and defense industry.
- Preston McAfee (MSM '78, PhD '80), has joined Microsoft Corp. as chief economist. McAfee, who most recently was director of Google Strategic Technologies, will be responsible for leading a team of economists who will work closely with Microsoft’s finance, business and engineering groups across the company on developing new business models and metrics, designing marketplaces for advertising and apps, assisting with government relations and policy, and developing an economic strategy for the company.
- Rich Freeland (BSIM '79), Indianapolis IN, was named president and chief operating officer of Cummins Inc. In his new role, Freeland will focus on the company's daily operations, including making sure Cummins meets its financial, customer and operating commitments. Freeland formerly served as the engine business president for Cummins, overseeing development, manufacturing, marketing and sales for the company's largest business unit.
- Christine Himes (BSIM '79), Pompey, NY, was appointed dean of Illinois Institute of Technology’s Lewis College of Human Science. She formerly served as chair and Maxwell Professor of Sociology at Syracuse University.