- Question: How much is tuition for Krannert’s master’s programs?
Answer: Current tuition costs for each master’s programs can be found on our programs pages.
- Question: What are my chances of admission to Krannert?
Answer: Due to the holistic evaluation process used by the Admission Committee, it is difficult to evaluate your chances for admission without having received your completed application. Please refer to our Admissions requirements for more information regarding our admission philosophy, guidelines, and application procedures. In addition, you can gauge your competitiveness by referring to our compare programs pages on our web site.
- Question: When are the application deadlines/’rounds’?
Answer: Rounds vary depending on whether you are applying as a domestic or international student as well as which program you are trying to join. Visit the application deadline web page.
It is in the applicant’s best interest to apply with the strongest application possible rather than hurry to meet an early round. There will be seats available throughout all rounds; however, the earlier you apply the greater your opportunity to be considered for a financial award.
- Question: What materials are required to apply?
- Question: How do I apply for a scholarship/assistantship?
Answer: All applicants are considered for scholarships and assistantships during the admission review process. Therefore, there is no specific application process for these awards. The Purdue MBA and MS Programs Admissions Office will notify you if you are a candidate for these awards. An award is not based on a specific GPA or GMAT score as there are many factors considered during the review process. For more information, please see the Financial Aid page.
- Question: Who should I have write my recommendations?
Answer: We prefer that recommenders be employers or past supervisors who are able to render an opinion on the basis of close, current, and sustained observation. Recommendations from friends, family members, acquaintances, and other sources unable to evaluate professional or academic qualifications for our full-time programs are not acceptable.
- Question: Is full-time work experience required in order to apply?
Answer: First and foremost, Krannert seeks to enroll students who are academically prepared for the rigor of a master’s degree in business. In addition to solid academics and standardized test scores, work and personal experiences play a key role, especially when relating to classmates. We strive to enroll students who will add to the rich variety and diversity of the Krannert learning environment. We prefer applicants to have completed four years of full-time post-baccalaureate work, with a minimum of two years, prior to applying to the MBA program. We will consider relevant practical experience in the form of internships, military experience, etc. A limited number of strong applicants with less work experience will be considered and potentially offered admission.
- Question: What is the minimum GMAT score?
Answer: Krannert does not have a minimum GMAT score that applicants must meet. The Admission Committee takes a holistic review of a candidate’s application when rendering an admissions decision. However, in order to gauge your competitiveness, please refer to our individual program pages.
- Question: What is Krannert’s school code so that I can send my official GMAT score?
The codes for the Master’s programs are:
- Full-Time MBA
- MS in Human Resource Management
- MS in Industrial Administration
- MS with a concentration in Finance
- MS in Accounting
- Weekend MBA
- MS Global Entrepreneurship
- MS Global Supply Chain Management
To learn how to have your official report sent to the Krannert School of Management, please visit: http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/masters/admissions/contact-us/.
- Question: If I’ve taken the GMAT more than once, which score will the Admission Committee use?
Answer: The Admissions Committee will typically consider the highest ‘valid’ score during the application review process. Scores from separate tests will not be combined. The GMAT and GRE are valid for a period of approximately five years. If the test is expired, you would be required to retake the exam.
- Question: Can I submit my GRE score in place of the GMAT?
Answer: Though the GRE can be considered, the GMAT is preferred as it is a test specifically designed to evaluate a person’s ability to be successful in business school. The MS(A) program requires the GMAT, only.
- Question: What Language Assessment tests does Krannert accept? What is the minimum required score for each test?
Answer: The Graduate School accepts all valid forms of English language assessment testing, including all types of TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. Please refer here for test requirements.
Please note: English language assessment test scores are valid for a period of two years. If the test is expired, you will be required to retake an exam. The test must be valid at the time your application is under review by the Purdue University Graduate School.
- Question:In order to have my official TOEFL score report submitted to Krannert, what is your school code?
Answer: You will need to use institution code 1631; however, no department code is necessary. Please refer to www.toefl.org for information on how report your official scores.
- Though I am an international applicant, the majority of my education was instructed in English. Am I still required to take some form of English language assessment test?
Answer: Yes. If you were born in a country where English is not the native language of that country, you will be required to provide an English language assessment test, regardless of the language of instruction.
- Question: If I am an international applicant, can I qualify for a waiver of the English language assessment test?
Answer: Only if you have obtained a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree within the past 24 months from a college or university where English is the primary language of instruction, in a country where English is the native language. In order to meet this requirement, receipt of degree must fall within the 24 month period when your documents are under review by the Krannert School of Management and the Purdue University Graduate School. Test scores expire on the first day of the month in which they were taken.
- Question: Can I submit my application without test scores?
Answer: Applications will not begin the review process until all application materials (including payment, test scores, transcripts and recommendations) are received by the Purdue MBA and MS Programs Admissions Office. The Admissions Committee requires that all test scores be received before applications can be reviewed. International students whose native language is not English must provide some form of English language assessment test. Self-reported test scores can sometimes be used for committee review, but official scores must be received before admission decisions are finalized.
- Question: Am I required to submit proof of financial support with my supplemental materials?
Answer: No. Proof of financial support is only required of international students who receive a favorable admissions decision. Please do not include proof of financial support with your application. Upon an offer of admission, students will work with the Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS) to demonstrate eligibility for a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019).
- Question: Who do I contact for financial aid information?
Answer: Please see our Financial Aid page for information pertaining to assistantships, scholarships, and student loans.
- Question: Are admission interviews required?
Answer: Not all applicants are requested to interview, as interviews are by invitation only per the Admission Committee request. Interviews will only be offered to those who have submitted a complete application in order to ensure that the best assessment can be made during an interview.
- Question: How do I schedule an admission interview?
Answer: If requested to interview, you will be invited by an Admissions representative through email. Details regarding the interview process will be contained therein. The majority of interviews will be conducted through Skype with video capability.
- Question: Am I eligible to apply with a B-Comm?
Answer: We recommend the completion of the Master of Commerce degree, but will consider applicants who have completed the equivalent of one full year of university work in a degree-seeking program beyond the Bachelor of Commerce degree. This requires a total of sixteen years of education in a university setting. Correspondence courses and/or ‘certificate programs’ offered by organizations or non-university groups do not meet this requirement. A ‘post-graduate’ diploma’ does not meet this requirement.
- Question: May I request a waiver of the application fee?
Answer: The application fee is required. Please note that if you are a non-degree seeking student, you are not required to pay this fee. You will need to contact email@example.com if applicable.
- Question: Does Krannert offer spring enrollment?
Answer: No. Due to the structure of our program, spring enrollment is not offered.
- Question: Does Krannert accept transfer credits?
Answer: No. The Krannert Master’s programs do not accept transfer credits at any time.
A student that is currently enrolled in another MBA program is welcome to apply. However, please be aware that all of our students start and finish together, and are involved in the same core courses. Therefore, you would need to comply with the regular admissions process required for the Purdue MBA and MS Programs applicants.
- Question: If I am enrolled, is it possible for any of the core courses to be waived?
Answer: No, not at this time.
- Question: Can I have a paper application sent to me?
Answer: No. All applications must be completed and submitted online. We do not provide or accept paper applications.
- Question: How can I check the status of my application online?
Answer: Currently this is not an option for students. You will be contacted by email within aprroximately 4 to 6 weeks from the time your application is considered ‘complete’ for review.
- Question: Are there any prerequisites/specific courses required in order to apply?
Answer: There are no specific courses required in order to apply to the Krannert School of Management.
- Question: If I have applied to Krannert previously but was denied admission, what is the process to reapply?
Answer: Applicants must complete a new application in its entirety. To assess your competitiveness, please refer to review our individual programs pages. For further details regarding the reapplication process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Question: Does the Krannert School of Management offer any online master’s degrees?
Answer: No, not at this time.
- Question: What are your placement statistics?
Answer: Please refer to the information provided by the Krannert Professional Development Center.