Placement After Graduation
Our diligent Weekend MBA students choose Purdue to advance their careers while still maintaining them – investing in their futures without taking time out of the industry.
The risk and the cost of managerial obsolescence are higher in today’s business environment than ever before. It is as necessary to nurture and improve the firm’s management resources, as it is to renew and upgrade its physical assets. Firms that lack the foresight to develop and invest in the managerial talent capable of assuming top executive responsibilities will not be among the leading firms of tomorrow. In the same fashion, the information explosion demands a continuous effort by the individual manager to keep abreast of new knowledge and new techniques to realize his or her career objectives.Most Weekend MBA students are from the surrounding area or live and work an hour to two hours away.
The weekend program is one of several executive programs at Krannert designed to help professionals obtain their MBA while maintaining full-time job responsibilities.
As a student in the Purdue Weekend MBA program, you have access to a broad set of career services designed for the working professional. Most of these services are covered by your tuition and readily available on-campus or online.
Career Management Resources: All students have access to the Purdue Career Wiki (below) and other resources that can comprehensive self-assessment tools, Career Leader and Career Beamhelp you manage your career with your current employer, including:
- one-on-one career counseling
- an extensive collection of on-line career resources
- seminars on personal marketing, business etiquette, and other important career topics
Career Change and Job Search Resources:If you are fully self-funded you may use these resources to support a search for new employment. Krannert provides:
- resume critique
- the best commercial databases for company and industry contacts
- up-to-date information on executive search firms, including a discounted lifetime membership to BlueSteps
- on-campus recruiting for full-time positions, company presentations, on-line resume, and the Krannert Master’s Job Fair
- job search counseling
- use on-campus recruiting to compete for full-time positions and internships
- use a job coach and receive the Career Handbook for Working Professionals
- receive a personal copy of the Directory of Executive Recruiters, or accept our assistance for another excellent executive search service, BlueSteps
- You will find Career Guides, Company Research Tools, Industry Guides, Business News, Employment Data, Interview Resources, Relocation Information, and Job Boards
- Familiar names in career resources include Vault, Plunkett’s The Riley Guide to Online Job Search, Lexis Nexis, Career Beam, and Marketline