The weeks are flying by. Since the fast paced program is broken up into modules, I have already experienced my first few busines sschool midterms. Now that the dust has settled, I can say that I feel good about all that I have accomplished.
Between attending classes, going to career fairs, interviewing for internships, and having a little bit of free time, it can be hard to find time to study. But we are Boilermakers, we work hard!
I’m learning that the cardinal rule in business school is study hard, work hard, but give yourself time to refuel. Here are some tips that help me keep my sanity:
- Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare. You’ll thank yourself later.
- SLEEP! How will you be able to do well if all your brain and body wants is a good night’s sleep? Sleeping will keep you healthy and alert, so that you can be on top of your game.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. No one is perfect.
- Take time to do something fun. We included time for a fun activity every week in my team's academic charter. This lets us hold each other accountable.
- Relax! It’s only one test or one assignment, not the end of the world.
If you go to class, contribute to your academic team’s assignments, and ask for help when you don't understand things, odds are you’re in good shape. While we all want good grades, it’s important to set aside time for yourself. Everything will fall into place. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
MBA Class of 2016