BSIE/MBAThe combined B.S. in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) and MBA partnership between Purdue's College of Engineering and the Krannert School of Management. The program allows highly qualified BSIE students to complete their B.S. and MBA degrees in five years. Each year a significant number of engineering graduates pursue an MBA degree at U.S. business schools. The MBA is seen as a complement to the engineer's technical education, giving him/her understanding of the business context within which many technical decisions are made. Many employers also have a strong preference for hiring MBAs with engineering backgrounds, particularly in the manufacturing and technology sectors (in which Krannert and the College of Engineering enjoy many longstanding relationships with leading employers). The BSIE\MBA combined degree offering provides top BSIE students an efficient and cost-effective path for developing management knowledge as well as the highly valued credential of an MBA degree. It will also open new job opportunities for graduates to expedite their progression to high level management positions.
Requirements to apply to the BSIE/MBA Combined Degree Program
- Entered Purdue with eight hours of AP credit in math (MA 165 & MA 166)
- Completion of 105 credit hours of coursework by the end of their junior year, including the required major courses identified in their plan of study
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Completion of at least one professional internship
- Demonstration of leadership potential through extra-curricular activities
- Prior to applying students are required to contact Pat Brunese, IE Senior Academic Administrator