What are the benefits of partnering with Krannert on a faculty-directed student project?
- Draw on Krannert’s record of excellence to gain an outside perspective and complete a project that has real impact on your business.
- Work with motivated and knowledgeable teams of students who have been trained to apply analytical insight to global problems and produce project
deliverables of the highest quality.
- Access faculty comprising world’s thought leaders in supply chain, who place Krannert among the top-ranked supply chain programs in the nation.
- Build your company’s reputation as an employer of choice for Krannert students and see in-depth how students on your project team might meet your future hiring needs.
What makes for a good project from a corporate partner?
- Projects may be on a variety of topics related to operations management, including strategic sourcing, distribution planning, logistics, facility layout, location strategy, inventory management, production planning, quality management, sustainability, etc.
- Projects should focus on analysis of data to reach a managerial recommendation.
- Projects should be of a scope manageable for a team to complete in a single term.
- Corporate partners should be able to provide information as needed to student teams and be responsive to questions throughout the duration of the project (students and faculty assigned to a project will sign non-disclosure agreements as required).
- Partnering companies need not be local. Projects outside of the Greater Lafayette Area may be completed remotely or may include a combination of travel and remote work, as negotiated prior to the project kick-off.
How can my company get involved?
If you are interested in partnering on a project or would like more information, please contact Dr. Amy David, Clinical Assistant Professor of Operations Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-496-6526. We look forward to working with you!