MS(A) Admissions and Requirements
To graduate with your Masters of Science in Accounting (MS(A)), 30 credit hours are required in total - 15 in the Fall semester and 15 in the Spring semester.
Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 17 – November 15.
Application Round 2 (Priority Round) is November 16 – January 15.
Application Round 3 (Final International Round) is January 16 – March 1.
Application Round 4 (Final Domestic Round) is March 2– May 1, or until classes are full. To find out whether classes are full, please contact the Purdue MBA and MS Programs Admissions Office.
MS(A)QualificationsTo be eligible for admission to this remarkable program, candidates will need to have earned the equivalent of a U.S. four-year baccalaureate degree with a major in Accounting based on U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP). It is not required to have previous work experience, but we expect most of our students to enter the program having had significant internship or co-op experiences. At least 1 year of internship is strongly preferred. Applicants to the MS(A) program will be evaluated by a committee consisting of Accounting faculty and administrators. Applicants will be evaluated via a holistic process that will assess the following:
- Potential for academic success
- Potential for professional success
- Ability to contribute to the learning environment of the program
GMAT scores are required, but if a Purdue University student has a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher, the admissions committee will strongly consider a request for a GMAT waiver. If a student with a cumulative GPA lower than 3.6 can provide a compelling case as to why the GMAT should be waived, the admissions committee will meet to consider a GMAT waiver approval. The GRE is not accepted as a part of the MS(A) application. Interviews will be offered by invitation only.
Credit Evaluation - Only required for international students who are/have attended a non-U.S. undergraduate institution.
GMAT Waiver Policy for Current Purdue University Students
Only available for MS(A) StudentsThe GMAT waiver criteria is outlined below for current Purdue University students. If interested in being considered for a GMAT waiver, students will be required to apply by the End of round 2 (Priority Round) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “MS(A) GMAT Waiver Requesting Waiver Consideration.” Waiver requests will be considered at the time of application and waiver decisions will be communicated within 10 days of submission. To be eligible for waiver consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate Accounting major at Purdue University with a graduation date prior to the start of the MS(A) program
- If a student has a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher, the admissions committee will strongly consider a request for a GMAT waiver. If a student with a cumulative GPA lower than 3.6 can provide a compelling case as to why the GMAT should be waived, the admissions committee will meet to consider a GMAT waiver approval.
- GMAT waiver eligibility can not be determined until the Admissions Office has received and reviewed an official transcript.
Program CostsFor residents of Indiana, the program fee is $21,316*
For non-residents of Indiana, the program is $40,582*
Limited financial aid is available for qualified students.
*All fees are subject to increase based on approval by the Purdue University Trustees