Next steps in your transition to business school are key to your living and learning experience in West Lafayette.
Krannert's MBA and Master's Programs staff will continue to update students on information regarding summer onboarding, orientation plans and all important dates/deadlines you will need to start off your experince, full steam ahead. Students should continue to stay connected by checking their email and staying in-touch with our office.
Below are important next steps to follow:
After you receive your admission from Krannert, you will receive two emails from the Purdue Graduate School. The first will contain your username and the second will contain your password. The username and password are needed to access the email admission notification. The admission notification from the Graduate School is two pages long. The second page contains your 10-digit Purdue University Identification (PUID). Within five days of receiving the admission email from the Graduate School, you will receive another email from firstname.lastname@example.org that contains your initial set-up PIN. Once you receive those, you are ready to activate your career account. Refer to this website for further information.
Use your career account username and password to log into myPurdue. You need to activate your career account in order to complete this step. The steps necessary to complete this step are outlined here. Deposits are non-refundable.
MBA students will be put in placeholder classes by Krannert Master’s staff. This is done for administrative purposes and will trigger your billing statement from the Bursar’s Office. You will register for your first Module classes during Krannert Launch.
MSA, MSF, STEM, and MSHRM students – Your programs have strict academic requirements so the Krannert Master's staff will register you for your first Module classes before you come to campus for orientation. Once this is done, you will receive an email confirming your registration in these classes.
Any questions about registering for courses should be directed to email@example.com.
All applicants to the MBA and Master’s programs are considered for Krannert’s scholarships and/or graduate assistantships during the admission review process, therefore you do not need to apply for these awards. If you have been awarded a scholarship and/or graduate assistantship, you will be notified by email from the Krannert MBA and Master’s Programs Office. Scholarships are awarded to very few applicants so we advise students to plan ahead for alternate funding sources and arrive prepared to pursue your education through self-funding or other appropriate means. The following Purdue resources are also available:
- Make sure you fulfill the State of Indiana's immunization requirements. You will need to submit official documentation of your immunizations and may need to get the required vaccinations before arriving.
- Complete a Medical History Form
- Sign up for health insurance. University regulations state that International Students and Graduate Staff students with benefit eligible assistantships must have health insurance. Benefit eligible Graduate Staff students have the opportunity to sign up for health insurance in the first few weeks after arrival on campus. International students must purchase the University sponsored plan unless you qualify for a limited waiver. See Health Insurance Waiver form for International Students. See the Grad Student Insurance Web page for more complete information. Domestic students who opt out of the Graduate Staff University plan may be asked to provide Staff Benefits with information on the alternative health insurance plan. Domestic students not on an assistantship or eligible for benefits are encouraged, but not required to have health insurance.
Pay your fees, if any, by the due date on the bill e-mailed to you. Fee statements will be sent to your @purdue.edu email address. If fees are not paid by the due date, you may incur late fees and your registration may be cancelled. Only electronic bills are sent. You will have to print your invoice from myPurdue if you choose not to pay online. To pay online or to print your invoice, go to myPurdue and click on the "Financial" tab and then the "Manage my Account" tab.
Paying your fees automatically confirms your registration. If you do not owe any fees, you must log on to myPurdue and confirm your registration when your account statement arrives by electronic mail. All invoicing is done electronically through myPurdue's eBilling feature.
During the summer you will be contacted by your personal career coach from the Krannert Professional Development Center (KPDC) to schedule a Skype meeting. Your coach will provide feedback on your resume, share critical dates and important resources with you, and answer any questions you may have. The KPDC staff will also facilitate sessions during orientation around career and leadership development.
June 1 – 2: One Year MBA for STEM Professionals Orientation
June 22 – 23: Master of Science with a concentration in Finance, MS(F) Orientation
August 3 – 7: International Student Orientation
*Required for all international students in the MBA and MSHRM programs.
August 12 – 21: Krannert Launch Orientation for all MBA and MSHRM Students
*Required for all international and domestic students in the MBA and MSHRM Program.
August 17 – 21: Master of Science with a concentration in Accounting, MS(A) Orientation
- Get a student identification (ID) card at the Card Services Office
- Get a parking permit, if needed. You need to register for classes before you can get a parking pass. Note: you also must live a certain distance from campus to be eligible for a parking permit.
- MBA students will register for classes. Review module 1 course registration information, syllabus information, textbook list and pre-work assignments.
- Update your contact information upon moving. Visit myPurdue and go to "Personal Information" under "Quick Links" on the left side of the screen.