Next steps in your transition to business school are key in your living and learning experience in West Lafayette.
Krannert's MBA and Master's Programs staff will continue to update students on information regarding summer onboarding, orientation plans and all important dates/deadlines you will need to start off your experince, full steam ahead. Students should continue to stay connected by checking their email and staying in-touch with our office.
Below are important next steps to follow:
After you receive your admission from Krannert, you will receive two emails from the Purdue Graduate School. The first will contain your username and the second will contain your password. The username and password are needed to access the email admission notification. The admission notification from the Graduate School is two pages long. The second page contains your 10-digit Purdue University Identification (PUID). Within five days of receiving the admission email from the Graduate School, you will receive another email from email@example.com that contains your initial set-up PIN. Once you receive those, you are ready to activate your career account. Refer to this website for further information.
Use your career account username and password to log into myPurdue. You need to activate your career account in order to complete this step. The steps necessary to complete this step are outlined here. Deposits are non-refundable.
MBA students will be put in placeholder classes by Krannert Master’s staff. This is done for administrative purposes and will trigger your billing statement from the Bursar’s Office. You will register for your first Module classes during Krannert Launch.
MSA, MSF, STEM, and MSHRM students – Your programs have strict academic requirements so the Krannert Master's staff will register you for your first Module classes before you come to campus for orientation. Once this is done, you will receive an email confirming your registration in these classes.
Any questions about registering for courses should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants to the MBA and Master’s programs are considered for Krannert’s scholarships and/or graduate assistantships during the admission review process, therefore you do not need to apply for these awards. If you have been awarded a scholarship and/or graduate assistantship, you will be notified by email from the Krannert MBA and Master’s Programs Office. Scholarships are awarded to very few applicants so we advise students to plan ahead for alternate funding sources and arrive prepared to pursue your education through self-funding or other appropriate means. The following Purdue resources are also available:
- Make sure you fulfill the State of Indiana's immunization requirements. You will need to submit official documentation of your immunizations and may need to get the required vaccinations before arriving.
- Complete a Medical History Form
- Sign up for health insurance. University regulations state that International Students and Graduate Staff students with benefit eligible assistantships must have health insurance. Benefit eligible Graduate Staff students have the opportunity to sign up for health insurance in the first few weeks after arrival on campus. International students must purchase the University sponsored plan unless you qualify for a limited waiver. See Health Insurance Waiver form for International Students. See the Grad Student Insurance Web page for more complete information. Domestic students who opt out of the Graduate Staff University plan may be asked to provide Staff Benefits with information on the alternative health insurance plan. Domestic students not on an assistantship or eligible for benefits are encouraged, but not required to have health insurance
Pay your fees, if any, by the due date on the bill e-mailed to you. Fee statements will be sent to your @purdue.edu email address. If fees are not paid by the due date, you may incur late fees and your registration may be cancelled. Only electronic bills are sent. You will have to print your invoice from myPurdue if you choose not to pay online. To pay online or to print your invoice, go to myPurdue and click on the "Financial" tab and then the "Manage my Account" tab.
Paying your fees automatically confirms your registration. If you do not owe any fees, you must log on to myPurdue and confirm your registration when your account statement arrives by electronic mail. All invoicing is done electronically through myPurdue's eBilling feature.
Start Your Career and Professional Development Journey
During the summer you will be contacted by your career coach from the Krannert Professional Development Center (KPDC). Here are the next steps to get started:
- Go to https://krannert-purdue-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Use your Purdue email address as your user name
- Use the temporary password Krannert2014 to log in
- Complete the survey and agree to the terms and conditions of use
- Complete all sections of the Profile. Note: you will not be able to advance past the profile area until you have completed all required field.
- Change your password
REMEMBER: You received your Purdue e-mail user address and activation PIN from the Graduate School; please make sure you have activated your Purdue e-mail account.
If you have any problems or questions please email email@example.com.
As part of the on-boarding requirements, we are excited to provide guidance to best package your skills and experience through your resume. We recommend that you follow the directions below, review the examples in the Resume Guide, submit the first draft of your resume based on those guidelines and then schedule your Skype session. (One Year MBA for STEM Professionals and MSF students will be scheduled to meet with their career coaches during orientation)
Access the Resume Guide:
- Log on to your CMA
- Click on Document Library in the Quick Link section on the right side of your homepage. Note: you will not be able to advance past the profile area until you have completed all required fields
- Find the Resume Guide and click to open
Submit the first draft of your Resume:
- Log on to your CMA
- Click on Documents Tab
- Click Add New and submit your first draft
Schedule your Skype Session:
- Log on to your CMA. Under the Profile section, you will be able to see the name of your Career coach and his/her Skype address
- You can access your Career coach’s calendar by clicking on the Calendar section of the profile, then the Counseling Appointment tab
- Once there, click on New Appointment. You will see your Career coach’s name under Counselors.
- Click on the name and his/her calendar will appear to the right.
- Select a time (availability listed in Eastern Standard Time) and click Submit Request.
- Your request will be sent to your Career coach.
- Add your Career coach as a contact in your Skype account.
- Contact your Career coach at the agreed upon time.
If your schedule should change, you can access your Calendar to adjust your appointment. If the Career coach has a conflict, he/she will contact you.
We look forward to working with you. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You and your Career coach will discuss your resume during your Skype session.
Once you have agreed upon final revisions:
- Upload your resume into your CMA documents
- Label as “Web Resume.” This will be the resume that is used to create resume books for our employers
- Select it as “Make Default.” The title of the document will be bolded. Note, if you only have one resume, it will be the default
June 9 – 13: One Year MBA for STEM Professionals Orientation
June 16 – 20: Master of Science with a concentration in Finance, MS(F) Orientation
August 4 – 8: International Student Orientation
*Required for all international students in the MBA, MSIA and MSHRM programs.
August 11 – 22: Krannert Launch Orientation for all MBA, MSHRM, MSIA Students
*Required for all international and domestic students in the MBA, MSIA and MSHRM Program.
August 18 – 22: Master of Science with a concentration in Accounting, MS(A) Orientation
- Get a student identification (ID) card at the Card Services Office
- Get a parking permit, if needed. You need to register for classes before you can get a parking pass. Note: you also must live a certain distance from campus to be eligible for a parking permit.
- MBA students will register for classes. Review module 1 course registration information, syllabus information, textbook list and pre-work assignments.
- Update your contact information upon moving. Visit myPurdue and go to "Personal Information" under "Quick Links" on the left side of the screen.