Hometown: Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
Minor(s) and Concentration(s): Marketing or OBHR (Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management)
Clubs and Involvement:
- Purdue Student Ambassador - Volunteer in the Purdue Welcome Center weekly and Tour Guide (January 2013 – Present)
- Purdue Panhellenic Council - Member (February 2014-present)
- Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority - Academic Committee (January 2014-present)
- Paint Crew - Advisory board member for the men's basketball team student section. (September 2014-present)
- Purdue Athletic Tutor (January 2014- present)
- Purdue Student Note Taker- Work for the Disability Center at Purdue University to take notes for students with a disability. (September 2013-present)
Top Tip to Mentees:
- Don't ever be afraid to ask someone for help. This was a mistake that I made my freshmen year. I never wanted to ask anyone to help me, whether it be a professor on a homework question or ask someone for directions when you get lost. ot asking never gets you anywhere, so don't be afraid to ask.
- Get involved your first semester. One of the most intimidating things about Purdue is its size. However, if you find a couple clubs to join your first semester this will make the campus feel so much smaller. Purdue has over 900 clubs to over so there is something for everyone.
- Stay on top of your work and don't fall behind. Someone once told me that if you can get through the first 3 weeks of classes, staying on top of everything and not fall behind, then you will be prepared for the rest of the semester. This is some of the best advice I have ever gotten and really do believe that it is true.