Hometown: Merrillville, IN
Minor(s) and Concentration(s): Marketing
Clubs and Involvement:
- Kelly-Krannert case competition
- Boeing Case Competition
- Accounting and Economics Tutor for the Science Bound Program
- Football Player at Purdue
- Football Player and Track at Indiana University
- Kelley Living Learning Community - Marketing Co-Chair
- Real Estate Club - Treasurer
Top Tip to Mentees:
- The academic tips are obvious, freshmen come in already knowing "this is not high school", "I must study different", etc etc. Whether they use those tips or not who knows but they surely have heard that several times.
- My tip would be in self-actualization, you need to find out what is rewarding to you and keep that in mind constantly. Fulfillment is what life is about, and I have learned it is becoming less and less what my parents want, what coaches or professors want, at this point I have realized that I need to learn about what fulfills me or I will be unhappy. And it is not an easy question, or one that I think I have even answered myself, however, keeping this in mind will help with goal setting, choosing what clubs or organizations to join, and where you choose to spend your time. I believe you should be spending as much time learning about yourself, as you do learning accounting and finance.