The transition to college can be an intimidating and overwhelming experience. KMP helps the transition go as smoothly as possible and gives students a head start academically and professionally. Through the KMP, mentees will be paired up with a junior or senior student mentor for fall semester. During this time, mentees will interact with their mentor, other mentors, and mentees that are part of the KMP.
Benefits of KMP for Mentees:
- Get advice from a seasoned upperclassmen regarding clubs, classes, professional events, etc.
- Increase your social and professional network through group events with mentors and mentees.
- Have access to someone that can show you the ropes & shorten your learning curve in terms of how to be successful at Krannert.
- Gain a relationship with a trusted person who can answer questions and provide support to you as you transition into college life.
The selection committee looks for students who:
- Will be incoming first year students the fall semester of the program
- Want to become a part of the Krannert community early in your college career
- Have a strong desire to form a mentor relationship with an upper-division Krannert student
- Are willing and have the time to commit to the KMP
Click here to apply to KMP as a mentee for Fall 2016.
Questions about KMP can be directed to Director of Personal and Professional Development, Sharlee Lyons at email@example.com.