Students ready to send solar house on the roadWEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University's INhome solar house will leave campus by truck early Monday (Sept. 12) for Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Department of Energy's Solar Decathlon 2011 competition.
More feature stories
- Author, historian Doris Kearns Goodwin to give Krannert speech
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Doris Kearns Goodwin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author, historian and TV commentator, will give the keynote address Oct. 20 at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management's 11th annual Leadership Speakers Series.
- Krannert operations conference to focus on onshoring
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University's 2011 Fall Operations Conference will discuss and debate onshoring, a movement to bring production back to the United States.
- Student callout set for 25th annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - A callout for the 25th annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition, open to graduate and undergraduate students from across the Purdue University campus, will be held on Sept. 6, 7 and 8.
- Humana gives $1 million to entrepreneurship program for veterans
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Health care company Humana will give $1 million to the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) Program over the next two years.
- Connecticut dean to lead Krannert School of Management
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – P. Christopher Earley, dean of the University of Connecticut School of Business, will be the new dean of Purdue University's Krannert School of Management.
- Public invited to tour Purdue's solar house
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University will throw an open house at INhome, the solar home that will compete in an international competition this fall.
- Applications being taken for disabled veterans' program
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Applications are being accepted for the next class of the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities.
- Purdue approves improvements to fitness center, library, chiller plant
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University Board of Trustees has approved renovations to a fitness center and business library and approved completion of a chiller plant and construction of an agricultural engineering building.
- Purdue OKs economics degree program, new Calumet department
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University Board of Trustees on Tuesday (May 17) approved a bachelor's degree in economics for students in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Webinar to look at outsourcing and the labor market
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University economics professor David Hummels will hold a web-based discussion, "Global Outsourcing and the Labor Market of the Future," on Wednesday (May 18).
- Walmart gives $1 million to entrepreneurship program for veterans
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Walmart Foundation has announced a $1 million grant to the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) Program.
- Krannert dean finalists to participate in open forums
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The four finalists who have been chosen as candidates to become the next dean of Purdue University's Krannert School of Management will participate in open forums on campus.
- Krannert Entrepreneurship program for disabled vets honored
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The April issue of Inc. magazine has named the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) program one of the "10 Best-In-Class" college-based entrepreneurship courses in the nation.
- Executive director named for Purdue's new Global Business Engagement Initiative
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — An executive director has been named for a new Purdue University program aimed at helping Indiana's communities and businesses tap global economic development opportunities.
- Purdue's graduate programs ranked among best by U.S.News
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue programs in engineering, education and business were ranked among the best in the country in U.S.News & World Report's graduate school rankings released Tuesday (March 15).
- State, national leaders to speak at Nanotechnology New Ventures event led by Purdue, Notre Dame
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Two leading nanotechnology industry experts and Indiana's top economic development officer will highlight a daylong focus on entrepreneurship at Purdue University next month, culminating with the inaugural Nanotechnology New Ventures Competition.
- Purdue announces initiative to help Indiana communities build economic ties with China
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Cultural expertise, business guidance and consulting services are just some of the resources Purdue can offer Indiana communities interested in expanding economic development with China through a new initiative university officials announced Friday (Feb. 25).
- LyoGo, Battle Ground Technologies win $100,000 Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - A low-cost medication injection device company and a mobile forensics technology developer were the big winners Tuesday (Feb. 22) at Purdue University's $100,000 Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition.
- Purdue expert: Borders' filing highlights book industry changes
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The filing for bankruptcy protection by Borders is a sign of the technological and business model changes that have rocked the bookselling industry, says G. Logan Jordan, associate dean in Purdue University's Krannert School of Management.
- Finalists selected for Purdue's $100,000 Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Ten Purdue University student teams have been selected as finalists to present their entrepreneurial ambitions on Feb. 22 during the 24th annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition.
- Purdue center offers targeted training for manufacturers
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University's Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center is offering Indiana companies individualized training targeted to their manufacturing needs.
- Purdue to celebrate Chinese New Year at the Union
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Confucius Institute at Purdue University will celebrate the Chinese New Year on Wednesday (Feb. 2).
- Supply chain management conference to be Feb. 11
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Corporate executives will join experts from Purdue University's Krannert School of Management and other universities for a Feb. 11 conference on global opportunities in supply chain management.