Career Services for Working Professionals
As a student in a Krannert Executive Education degree program, you have access to a broad set of career services designed for the working professional. Most of these services are covered by your tuition and are readily available on-campus or online.
- Career Management Resources. All students have access to the Purdue Career Wiki (below) and other resources that can help you manage your career with your current employer, including:
- comprehensive self-assessment tools, CareerLeader and Career Beam
- one-on-one career counseling
- an extensive collection of on-line career resources
- seminars on personal marketing, business etiquette, and other important career topics
- Career Change and Job Search Resources. If you are fully self-funded you may use these resources to support a search for new employment. Krannert provides:
- resume critique
- the best commercial databases for company and industry contacts as well as field information and job postings including Top MBA and GoinGlobal
- up-to-date information on executive search firms, including a discounted lifetime membership to BlueSteps
- on-line resume posting in a job database and the Krannert Master’s Job Fair
- job search counseling
- Between Jobs? We will cover the cost or subsidize additional resources. You may opt to:
- use a job coach and receive the Career Handbook for Working Professionals
- receive a personal copy of the Directory of Executive Recruiters, or accept our assistance for another excellent executive search service, BlueSteps
The Purdue Career Wiki. Career and library organizations across the Purdue campus collaborated to create one of the most comprehensive career resources in the country. Many of the above resources are readily available through the Career Wiki.
- You will find Career Guides, Company Research Tools, Industry Guides, Business News, Employment Data, Interview Resources, Relocation Information, and Job Boards.
- Familiar names in career resources include WetFeet, Plunkett’s, The Riley Guide to Online Job Search, Lexis Nexis, Career Beam, Business Source Premier and Marketline Reports.