Requirements for Upper Division ACCT/FINC/MGMT/MRKT/SCIA/SOM
The purpose of the Management Admissions Index (MAI) for acceptance into Upper Division Management is to give all Krannert students a common academic background and to allow you an opportunity to acclimate to the academic environment at Purdue. You have to be admitted to Upper Division Management before you can enroll in three hundred or higher level School of Management courses (excluding MGMT 30100).
- Complete all MAI courses with a minimum MAI GPA of 3.00
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Achieve a C- or higher in all MAI and Management courses
- Not on academic probation
Pre-calculus courses are not required for the MAI or plan of study but may be required as a pre-requisite for calculus. Pre-calculus is not used as part of the MAI for students on 2013 or later plans of study.
If you are following a 2013 or later plan of study you need to complete these courses:
- ENGL 10600/10800
- MA 22300/MA 16010/MA 16100/MA16500
- MA 22400/MA 16020/MA 16200/MA16600
- ECON 25100
- MGMT 20000
If you are on a previous plan of study you can view the required MAI coures for your major here
MAI GPA Calculation
- A maximum of three MAI courses may be taken two times each for a grade
- MAI courses with grades of "F" cannot be replaced by a transfer course
If you exceed the retake policy, you will be allowed a registration PIN for one additional semester of enrollment in Krannert after which you must CODO out of the School. A registration PIN will not be given to you after one semester of enrollment upon exhausting eligibility for Upper Division.
If you have completed some or all MAI coures as a beginning or transfer student, then an alternate MAI will be defined:
- Only courses with grades earned on a Purdue campus will be used to calculate the alternate MAI
- The MAI must consist of at least four courses for a minimum of 12 credit hours total
- A student must achieve a minimum 3.00 MAI GPA to be admitted to Upper Division Management