Purdue Spring Break Program: Taiwan
At a glance:
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Program Dates: Spring Break 2015: March 13 - 21, 2015
Host: National Chengchi University and the Krannert School of Management
Eligibility: The program is open to all Krannert undergraduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
Course Credits: Students will earn 1 credit (MGMT 39000) which can be applied toward graduation requirements.
Cost: The charges for this program will be approximately $2800. Cost includes tuition/fees, roundtrip airfare, transportation, excursions, most meals, and a room for 7 nights (double rooms).
SCHOLARSHIPS: Students may apply for up to a $1000 scholarship to use toward program expenses. For more information click here!
Language Requirement: None.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2014.
Contact: Krannert Undergraduate Study Abroad, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 half-day lectures on Asian economic developments, financial markets in Taiwan, Taiwan and Mainland China relations, venture capital, information technology, language and culture
- One-day visit to Hsinchu Science Park, one of the world's most significant areas for semiconductor manufacturing, housing Acer, Taiwan Semiconductor, Logiteck, Foxconn, BenQ, etc.
- One-half day company visit
- Interactions with local businesses and students
- Visit to night markets and business districts