Accounting: Make Your Future Count!
Purdue's two-semester, 30 credit-hour Master of Science (Accounting) Program provides students with the education needed to launch successful careers with top accounting firms, corporations, non-profits, government agencies, investment banks and financial services firms. Our program builds on Purdue's historical strength in developing students with outstanding analytical, technical and critical thinking skills.
Why Choose the Purdue MS in Accounting Program?
- Flexibility - Start the program in August or January, whichever suits your needs.
- Industry Expertise - Professional classes taught by professional accountants.
- CPA Prep - Meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA Exam or pursue CMA certification.
- Skills - Studies enhance technical, written and oral communication skills and develop critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Career Opportunities - Gain the skills for placement and advancement in any type of organization.
- Placement - Nationally at Big 4 public accounting firms, regional and local accounting firms, boutique accounting firms and Fortune 1000 corporations.
Prepare for a career as a professional accountant at Purdue!
MS(A) Program Details can be found here
For those interested in taking the CPA exam in Indiana, the educational requirements are available for download here either as a .pdf file or as a WordPerfect document. The Indiana CPA Society has developed a brochure that explains what you need to know to become a CPA in Indiana. The link to the Indiana CPA Society's website is here. Additional CPA candidate information is available from the Society here. The May 2015 CPA candidate bulletin available from NASBA-AICPA is available here.
If you are interested in taking the CPA exam in another state, please follow this link. If you are interested in taking the CPA exam in Illinois, check out our recently approved college template on the Illinois Board of Examiners website which describes how the courses you take as an accounting major can be used to meet their educational requirements.