Associate Professor of Management
Ph.D., Strategic Management - HEC Paris
M.Sc., Management & Economics - University Paris Dauphine
M.A., Business Administration - Audencia Nantes
- Graebner M., Lumineau F., & Fudge Kamal D. (2020). Unrequited: Asymmetry in Interorganizational Trust. Strategic Organization, vol. 18 (2), 362-374. | Download |
- Oliveira O. & Lumineau F. (2019). The Dark Side of Interorganizational Relationships: An Integrative Review and Research Agenda. Journal of Management, vol. 45 (1), 231-261. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Mulotte L. (2019). How Governance Modes Intertwine Over Time: Beyond an Embeddedness-Based Approach to Post-Acquisition Divestitures. Academy of Management Discoveries, vol. 5 (2), 201-204. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Oliveira N. (2018). A Pluralistic Perspective to Overcome Major Blind Spots in Research on Interorganizational Relationships. Academy of Management Annals, vol. 12 (1), 440-465. | Download |
- Cao Z., Li Y., Jayaram J., Liu Y., & Lumineau F. (2018). A Meta-Analysis of the Exchange Hazards – Interfirm Governance Relationship: An Informal Institutions Perspective. Journal of International Business Studies, vol. 49 303-323. | Download |
- Schilke O. & Lumineau F. (2018). The Double-Edged Effect of Contracts on Alliance Performance. Journal of Management, vol. 44 (7), 2827-2858. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Schilke O. (2018). Trust Development Across Levels of Analysis: An Embedded-Agency Perspective. Journal of Trust Research, vol. 8 (2), 238-248. | Download |
- Oliveira O. & Lumineau F. (2017). How Coordination Trajectories Influence the Performance of Interorganizational Project Networks. Organization Science, vol. 28 (6), 1029-1060. | Download |
- Lumineau F. (2017). How Contracts Influence Trust and Distrust. Journal of Management, vol. 43 (5), 1553-1577. | Download |
- Guo S.L., Lumineau F., & Lewicki R. (2017). Revisiting the Foundations of Organizational Distrust. Foundations and Trends in Management, vol. 1 (1), 1-88. | Download |
- Bertrand O. & Lumineau F. (2016). Partners in Crime: The Effects of Diversity on the Longevity of Cartels. Academy of Management Journal, vol. 59 (3), 983-1008. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Verbeke A. (2016). Let's Give Opportunism the Proper Back Seat. Academy of Management Review, vol. 41 (4), 739-741. | Download |
- Duplat V. & Lumineau F. (2016). Third Parties and Contract Design: The Case of Contracts for Technology Transfer. Managerial and Decision Economics, vol. 37 424-444. | Download |
- Cao Z. & Lumineau F. (2015). Revisiting the Interplay between Contractual and Relational Governance: A Qualitative and Meta-Analytic Investigation. Journal of Operations Management, (33-34), 15-42. | Download |
- Lumineau F., Eckerd S., & Handley S. (2015). Interorganizational Conflict: Overview, Challenges, and Opportunities. Journal of Strategic Contracting and Negotiation, (1), 42-64. | Download |
- Bertrand O., Lumineau F., & Fedorova E. (2014). The Supportive Factors of Firms' Collusive Behavior: Empirical Evidence from Cartels in the European Union. Organization Studies, vol. 35 (6), 881-908. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Henderson J. (2012). The Influence of Relational Experience and Contractual Governance on the Negotiation Strategy in Buyer-Supplier Disputes. Journal of Operations Management, vol. 30 (5), 382-395. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Quelin B. (2012). An Empirical Investigation of Interorganizational Opportunism and Contracting Mechanisms. Strategic Organization, vol. 10 (1), 55-84. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Oxley J. (2012). Let's Work It Out (Or We'll See You in Court): Litigation and Private Dispute Resolution in Vertical Exchange Relationships. Organization Science, vol. May/June (23), 820-834. | Download |
- Lumineau F., Frechet M., & Puthod D. (2011). An Organizational Learning Perspective on Contract Design. Strategic Organization, vol. 9 (1), 8-32. | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Malhotra D. (2011). Shadow of the Contract: How Contract Structure Shapes Inter-Firm Dispute Resolution. Strategic Management Journal, vol. 32 (5), 532-555. | Download |
- Malhotra D. & Lumineau F. (2011). Trust and Collaboration in the Aftermath of Conflict: The Effects of Contract Structure. Academy of Management Journal, vol. 54 (5), 981-998. | Download |
- Bertrandias L., Frechet M., & Lumineau F. (2010). The Role of Contract Framing in the Emergence of Trust: Evidence from Franchise Contract Experiment. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. vol. .
- Lumineau F. & Henderson J. (2009). The Influence of Governance on Negotiation Strategies in Buyer-Supplier Disputes. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. vol. .
- Lumineau F. & Frechet M. (2008). Managing Discrepancies Between Formal and Psychological Sides of Alliance Contracting. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. vol. .
- Lumineau F., Wang W., & Schilke O. (2020). Blockchain Governance—A New Way of Organizing Collaborations?. Organization Science, | Download |
- Wilden R., Hohberger J., Devinney T., & Lumineau F. (2020). 60 Years of March and Simon’s Organizations: An Empirical Examination of its Impact and Influence on Subsequent Research. Journal of Management Studies, | Download |
- Lumineau F. & Oliveira N. (2020). Reinvigorating the Study of Opportunism in Supply Chain Management. Journal of Supply Chain Management, | Download |
- Van der Valk W, Lumineau F, & Wang W (2020). Research on Contracting in Supply Chain Management and Related Disciplines: A Synthesis of Scholarly Recommendations and a Discussion of Future Opportunities. Oxford Handbook of Supply Chain Management, In T. Choi, J. Li, D. Rogers, J. Rungtusanatham, T. Schoenherr, & S. Wagner (Eds.), Oxford Universit. | Download |
- Oliveira O. & Lumineau F. (2019). The Time is Ripe! Using Time Conceptualizations to Advance Research on Interorganizational Relationships. Time Issues in Strategy and Organization, In T. K. Das (Ed.), Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. | Download |
- Moingeon B., Lumineau F., & Perrin A. (2008). Managing Knowledge Across Boundaries: A Learning Mix Perspective. In PR Sparrow (Ed.) Handbook of International Human Resource Management. Wiley, New York.
Blockchains move beyond cryptocurrencies to aid in more efficient, effective collaborations
Blockchains have drawn public attention mainly from their close ties to cryptocurrencies. However, a new study co-authored by Fabrice Lumineau, an associate professor of strategic management in Purdue's Krannert School, suggests that their implications go far more beyond such financial applications to organize a wide variety of collaborations in various industries in a new way.
Coordination and project management
Krannert professor Fabrice Lumineau discusses his research in coordination and project management