Associate Professor of Management
Ph.D. and M.S., Marketing, Cornell University, 2008
M.A., Statistics, University of California, Berkeley, 2003
M.A., Public Administration, Peking University, 2001
B.S, Information Management, Econ Double Major, Peking University, 1998
- Zhou, C., Gill, M., Liu, Q. (2022). Empowering Education with Crowdfunding: Empirical Evidence from California Public Schools. Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 59 (1), 97–117. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Liu, X., Balachander, S. (2021). Crowdfunding Project Design: Product Menu and Funding Target. Production and Operations Management, vol. 30 (10), 3800-3811. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Liu, H. & Kalwani, M. (2020). “See Your Doctor”: The Impact of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising on Patients with Different Affliction Levels. Marketing Letters, vol. 31 (1), 37-48. | Related Website |
- Pareek, B., Liu, Q., Ghosh, P. (2019). Ask Your Doctor if This Product is Right for You: A Bayesian Joint Model for Patient Drug Requests and Physician Prescriptions. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, vol. 182 (1), 197-223. | Related Website |
- Ching, A., Hermosilla, M., Liu, Q. (2019). Structural Models of the Prescription Drug Market. Foundations and Trends in Marketing, vol. 13 (1), 1-76. | Related Website |
- Liu, H., Liu, Q., Chintagunta, P. (2017). Promotion Spillovers: Drug Detailing in Combination Therapy. Marketing Science, vol. 36 (3), 382-401. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Gupta, S., Venkataraman, S., Liu, H. (2016). An Empirical Model of Drug Detailing: Dynamic Competition and Policy Implications. Management Science, vol. 62 (8), 2321 - 2340. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Steenburgh, T. J., Gupta, S. (2015). The Cross Attributes Flexible Substitution Logit: Uncovering Category Expansion and Share Impacts of Marketing Instruments. Marketing Science, vol. 34 (1), 144-159. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q. & Gupta, S. (2012). A Micro-level Diffusion Model for New Drug Adoption. Joural of Product Innovation Management, vol. 29 (3), 372 - 384. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q. & Gupta, S. (2011). Understanding the Impact of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising on Patients' Behavior and the Public Policy Implication. International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 28 (3), 205-217. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q. & Gupta, S. (2014). Direct-to-Consumer Advertising (DTCA) of Pharmaceuticals: An Integrative Review. Springer, New York. 629-649.
- Samel, Karan (Student Author), Wang, X. and Liu, Q. (Mentor) (2017). Predicting Advertisement Clicks Using Deep Networks: Interpreting Deep Learning Models. The Journal of Purdue Undergraduate Research, vol. 7 | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Lei, M., Zhu, T. (2021). The Impact of Expanding Public Health Insurance on Market-based Insurance Premiums: Roles of Risk Pool Composition and Size.
- Yan, L., Zhu, T., Liu, Q. (2021). Donors, Buyers, and Information Disclosure in Crowdfunding Markets: A Case of Platform Split-up.
- Cai, Y., Liu, Q., Shi, C., Wang, Y., Zhang, F. (2020). Rare Disease Detection and Physician Targeting: A Factor Graph Machine Learning Approach. | Related Website |
- Liu, Q., Chu, Y., Yoon, H., Liu, H. (2020). Comparative Marketing Communication: The Case of Drug Detailing. | Related Website |
- Shin, S., Nelson, P., Liu, Q., Shin, S. (2016). Benefit Segmentation of Physicians.