RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Cardinality Bundle Pricing
Cardinality bundle pricing -- where prices are based on the size of the bundles -- is quite common. Data prices are independent of whether you use video or email data, but they impose different cost for network providers; Similarly, some baseball teams allow you to buy tickets for a certain number of games. For these cases, we develop a fast solution approach to discover those prices.
How Editorial Reviews Can Improve The Overall Content Quality?
We investigated an editorial review program where a review platform supplements the user reviews with editorial ones written by professional writers. Read our study on how supplementing high-quality editorial reviews with user reviews can improve the overall content quality of user reviews through a herding effect.
Role of Frictions in Efficiency of a Generalized Second Price Auction
We studied the role of frictions in the outcome of the generalized second price auction. Specifically, we studied the following research questions: Do frictions lead to an increase or decrease in overbidding? What are the consequences for the auctioneer, for the advertiser, and for the allocative efficiency of the GSP?
Best Response Fair Machine Learning Algorithm
Fairness in machine learning algorithms are extensively studied to overcome biases exhibited by a few implementations. Even then, they do not consider the best response behavior of subjects in response to the ML implementation. We develop an algorithm that considers the best response behavior.zzzzzzs
- Zhang, N., Kannan, K., and Shanthikumar, G. (2020). Nudging Consumer Behavior: Recommender Systems with Capacity Constraints. Production and Operations Management,
- Pamuru, V., Khern-am-nuai, W., and Kannan, K. (2020). The Impact of an Augmented Reality Game on Local Businesses: A Study of Pokemon Go on Restaurants. Information Systems Research,
- Nguyen, T., and Kannan, K. (2020). Welfare Implications of Intermediary Networks. Information Systems Research,
- Wu, J., Tawarmalani, M., and Kannan, K. (2019). Cardinality Bundles with SpenceMirelees Reservation Prices. Management Science, vol. 65 (4), 1455-1947.
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., and Wegener, D. (2018). Nudging the Digital Pirate: A Central Role for Moral Obligations in Determining Intentions to Engage in Digital Piracy. Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 30 934-963.
- Gupta, A., Kannan, K., and Sanyal, P. (2018). Research Commentary: Experimental Economics in Information Systems Research. MIS Quarterly, vol. 42 (2), 595-606.
- Khern-am-nuai, W., Kannan, K., and Ghasemkhani, H. (2018). Extrinsic versus Intrinsic Rewards to Participate in a Crowd Context: An Analysis of a Review Platform. Information Systems Research, vol. 29 (4), 871-892.
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., and Maximiano, S (2017). Information Feedback, Targeting, and Coordination: An Experimental Study. Information Systems Research, vol. 28 (2), 289-308.
- Kannan, K., Rahman, M., and Tawarmalani, M (2016). Implications of Restricted Patch Distribution. Management Science, vol. 62 (11), 3161-3182.
- Overby, E., and Kannan, K (2015). Reduced Search Costs Bidder Distribution Auctions. Management Science, vol. 61 (6), 1398-1420.
- Sha, Z., Kannan, K., and Panchal, J (2015). Behavioral Experimentation and Game Theory in Engineering Systems Design. Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 137 (5),
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., Maximiano, S., and Rees, J (2014). Digital Piracy, Teens, and the Source of Advice: An Experimental Study. Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 31 (2), 211-244.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees, J (2013). The Association between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors. Information Systems Research, vol. 24 (2), 201-218.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees, J (2013). The Textual Contents of Media Reports of Information Security Breaches and Profitable Short-Term Investment Opportunities. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, vol. 23 (3), 200-223.
- Kannan (2012). Effects of Revelation Policies under Cost Uncertainty. Information Systems Research, vol. 23 (1), 75-92.
- Kim, A., Balachander, S., and Kannan, K (2012). Optimal Number of Slots in Search Auctions. Marketing Letters, vol. 23 (3), 851-868.
- Cason, T., Kannan, K., and Siebert, R (2011). An Experimental Study of Information Revelation Policies in Sequential Auctions. Management Science, vol. 57 (4), 667-688.
- Kannan (2010). Effects of Revelation Policies under Cost Uncertainty. Information Systems Research,
- Kannan (2010). Declining Prices in Sequential Auctions with Complete Revelation of Bids. Economic Letters, vol. 108 (1),
- Balachandar, Kannan, & Schwartz (2010). A Theoretical and Empirical Analyses of Alternate Auction Policies for Search Advertisements. Review of Marketing Science, vol. 7 (1),
- Greenwald, A., Kannan, K., and Krishnan, R. (2009). On Evaluating Information Revelation Policies in E-marketplaces: A Markov Decision Process Approach. Information Systems Research, vol. 20 (4),
- Tawarmalani, M., Kannan, K., and De, P. (2009). Allocating Objects in a Network of Caches: Centralized and Decentralized Analyses. Management Science, vol. 55 (1),
- Arora, A., Greenwald, A., Kannan, K. and Krishnan, R. (2007). Effects of Information Revelation Policies under Market Structure Uncertainty. Management Science, vol. 53 (8),
- Kannan, K., Rees, J., and Sridhar, S. (2007). Market Reactions to Information Security Breach Announcements: An Empirical Analysis. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, vol. forthcoming
- Kannan, K., & Telang, R. (2005). Market for Vulnerabilities? Think Again. Management Science, vol. 51 (5), 726-740.