Professor of Management
- Gulen H., and M. Ion Policy Uncertainty and Corporate Investment. REVIEW OF FINANCIAL STUDIES, | Related Website |
- Gulen, H., Y. Xing., L. Zhang (2011). Value versus growth: Time-varying expected stock returns. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 381-407.
- Cooper, M., H. Gulen, and A. Ovtchinnikov (2010). Corporate Political Contributions and Stock Returns. JOURNAL OF FINANCE, 687-724.
- Cooper, M., H. Gulen, and M. Schill (2009). The Asset Growth Effect in Stock Returns. Journal of Investment Management, 1-15.
- Cooper M, Gulen H, & Schill M (2008). Asset Growth and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns. JOURNAL OF FINANCE, 1609-1652.
- Bris A, Gulen H, Kadiyala P, et al. (2007). Good Stewards, Cheap Talkers, or Family men? The Impact of Mutual Fund Closures on Fund Managers, Flows, Fees, and Performance. REVIEW OF FINANCIAL STUDIES, vol. 3 (20), 953-982.
- Cooper M, Gulen H (2006). Is Time-Series-Based Predictability Evident in Real Time?. JOURNAL OF BUSINESS, vol. 3 (79), 1263-1292.
- Cooper M, Gulen H, Rau PR (2005). Changing Names with Style: Mutual Fund Name Changes and Their Effects on Fund Flows. JOURNAL OF FINANCE, vol. 6 (60), 2825-2858.
- Chakravarty S, Gulen H, & Mayhew S (2004). Informed Trading in Stock and Options Markets. JOURNAL OF FINANCE, vol. 59 1235-1257.
- Gulen H, Mayhew S (2000). Stock index futures trading and volatility in international equity markets. JOURNAL OF FUTURES MARKETS , vol. 7 (20), 661-685.
- Gulen H & Mayhew S (2000). The Dynamics of International Stock Index Returns . Research in Banking and Finance, vol. 1 219-230.
If there is one thing certain about U.S. policy in these turbulent times, it is uncertainty. According to research by Huseyin Gulen, a professor of finance at Purdue’s Krannert School of Management, the impact on corporate investment is particularly negative,both from a short- and long-term perspective.