Leaders with Economics Know-How Drive Faster GDP Growth
National economies may perform better after politicians who have studied economics take power, according to new research.
Krannert’s MSHRM Program hosts 9th Annual HR Case Competition and Conference
On Thursday, November 14, the Krannert School of Management’s MSHRM program hosted its 9th annual HR Case Competition. Forty seven students from ten universities participated in two divisions. The Undergraduate division included: BYU, IUPUI, Marian University, Purdue University, and Universidad Panamericana. The Graduate division included: Purdue University, Texas A&M, University of Minnesota, University of South Carolina, and Villanova University.
Krannert Hosts Management Solutions Challenge for Purdue Undergraduates
On November 9th, the Krannert School of Management welcomed 52 undergraduate students from the College of Liberal Arts, Polytechnic, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, and Exploratory Studies to the second annual Management Solutions Challenge.
Match Day: A new approach to couples in MD residencies
Every year, about 20,000 seniors at U.S. medical schools eagerly await the third Friday of March. It's known as Match Day, the day when these soon-to-be doctors learn which hospitals they've been matched with for their residency training. "The algorithm is still very heuristic," says Thanh Nguyen, assistant professor of management in Purdue's Krannert School of Management. "Theoretically, we don’t really understand why it works so well."
- Dec 13Debbi Bearden Retirement ReceptionKrannert School of Management celebrates retirement
- Dec 17Chaired Faculty Seminar Series: A CelebrationPlease join Professor Ananth Iyer presenting, "From Practice to Theory: Two Examples of Supply Chain Research" on Tuesday, December 17 at 3:00 p.m. in RAWL 3082 as part of the Chaired Faculty Seminar Series. A reception will follow in RAWL 3 floor commons.
- Jan 17Krannert Executive Forum - OrientationThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Jan 17Winter Awards InvitationAll Krannert Faculty and Staff are invited to join is for the 2019 Winter Awards. Friday, January 17, 2020. Click [Read More] for RSVP details.
- Jan 17Save the date: Winter AwardsKrannert Winter Awards will be held on January 17th, 2020 at Ross Ade Stadium at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Look for more details soon in Krannert Today.
- Jan 23PURCE Policy LunchPURCE hosts a monthly Economic Policy Luncheon during the academic year.
- Jan 24Krannert Executive Forum -The Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Jan 25Financial & Valuation Modeling SeminarFinancial & Valuation Modeling Seminar