When Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, many voters and political pundits were surprised by the outcome. But the campaign strategies used by the opposing candidates were entirely predictable, says Karthik Kannan, a professor at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management and an expert in big data who studies systems that exploit instincts and biases to nudge human behavior.
Women's career equality and leadership in organizations
Research on women's career equality and leadership is growing in importance. Despite the increased attention being paid to gender equality for decades, progression has slowed or stalled around the globe, in many countries, such as United States.
A work patch for better nursing home care
Placing a loved one in a nursing home can be a traumatic experience for the entire family with concerns about the care and attention they will receive. Imagine if those concerns were eased, simply by some changes in the way the schedules are done for the staff at that facility.
Factories Tire of Wage Wars; Give Fridays Off, Spiff Up Bathrooms
Five years ago, entry-level candidates could expect to earn nine bucks an hour at a Haworth Inc. office-furniture factory. The economy was humming, but job growth was choppy, and wage gains anemic. Read on as Krannert professor Ellen Kossek gives her two cents about work-life balance.
- Oct 22Economics Workshop with Scott Imberman 10/22/19Please join us and Professor Scott Imberman from Michigan State presenting, "The Returns to College Major Choice: Mean Effects, Career Trajectories, and Earnings Volatility" on Tuesday, October 22 in RAWL 2058 at 11:45-1:00 pm.
- Oct 24Krannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop SeriesKrannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop Series
- Oct 25Google HackathonGoogle Hackathon
- Oct 25Supply Chain and Operations Management Seminar with Dr. Saed Alizamir, 10/25/19Please join us on Friday, October 25, 2019 in Rawls 3058 at 9:30 am - 11:00 am as Dr. Saed Alizamir, Associate Professor of Operations Management from Yale School of Management at Yale University, presents "Electricity Pricing with Limited Consumer Response".
- Oct 25MIS Guest Speaker Michael ZhangMichael Zhang from the Chinese University of Hong Kong Business School will present "Distributional Matthew Effect in Consumer Choices" on Friday, October 25, 2019 in RAWL 4054 from 10:30 am until 12:00 pm. See attached flyer for details.
- Oct 25Krannert Executive Forum - Jim Alender, Salin Bank and Trust CompanyThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Oct 28Boilerkey Authentication - Register by Oct 28Purdue Boilerkey Two-factor Authentication - Register by October 28 and you could win one of three $100 Amazon gift cards.
- Oct 28Accelerate Your Career Trajectory: Presentation Skills WorkshopTim Koegel Exceptional Presenter Workshop focused on Delivering Excellent Presentations.