When Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, many voters and political pundits were surprised by the outcome. But the campaign strategies used by the opposing candidates were entirely predictable, says Karthik Kannan, a professor at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management and an expert in big data who studies systems that exploit instincts and biases to nudge human behavior.
Women's career equality and leadership in organizations
Research on women's career equality and leadership is growing in importance. Despite the increased attention being paid to gender equality for decades, progression has slowed or stalled around the globe, in many countries, such as United States.
A work patch for better nursing home care
Placing a loved one in a nursing home can be a traumatic experience for the entire family with concerns about the care and attention they will receive. Imagine if those concerns were eased, simply by some changes in the way the schedules are done for the staff at that facility.
Factories Tire of Wage Wars; Give Fridays Off, Spiff Up Bathrooms
Five years ago, entry-level candidates could expect to earn nine bucks an hour at a Haworth Inc. office-furniture factory. The economy was humming, but job growth was choppy, and wage gains anemic. Read on as Krannert professor Ellen Kossek gives her two cents about work-life balance.
- Aug 22KPDC Workshop Series - The 2 Hour Job SearchKrannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop Series
- Aug 22Skills that Count: Building a Successful Career in Finance & AccountingThe Larsen Leaders Academy and Purdue Finance Workshop present "Finance at Purdue". Learn from finance alumni and students regarding various careers in finance. Hear from 4-5 alumni working in varying careers within the industry, as well as a panel of students fresh from their summer internships in finance. Talks and panel from 6pm-8pm with a networking reception directly following. Location details TBA.
- Aug 23Dan Tran - Purdue UniversityThe accounting department presents Dan Tran from Purdue University as part of the BKD Research Workshop Series.
- Aug 23MIS Distinguished Speaker Siva Viswanathan August 23, 2019Please join is as Professor Siva Viswanathan from University of Maryland presents "Designing Incentives for Social Sharing: Evidence from Field and Lab Experiments" on August 23, 2019 in KCTR room 108 at 10:30 a.m.
- Aug 23Krannert Executive Forum - OrientationThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Aug 27Explore Upcoming Case Competitions & Sharpen Communication SkillsImprove professional presentation skills with experienced presenter and coach Dr. Denise Driscoll. We will also explore upcoming case competitions and workshops.
- Aug 30Registration OPENS on August 27 for STAMINA4 Case Challenge in IT/Analytics Awards Totaling $10,000A rigorous case competition where you and a team solve a real problem! Practice communication, teamwork, problem solving, and professionalism!
- Aug 30Management Fall Seminar Series 2019The Sustainability Research and Teaching Committee will host guest speaker L. Beril Toktay. This event will be held in Krannert Center 124 from 9:00 am - 10:00 am.