Purdue Engineering Distinguished Lecture Series
From Hearth to Heavens and Home Again
Tami C. Bond
How can we make sure that algorithms are fair?
Machine and human intelligences bring different strengths to the table. Researchers like me are working to understand how algorithms can complement human skills while at the same time minimizing the liabilities of relying on machine intelligence. As a machine learning expert, Karthik Kannan predicts there will soon be a new balance between human and machine intelligence, a shift that humanity hasn’t encountered before.
Leaders with Economics Know-How Drive Faster GDP Growth
National economies may perform better after politicians who have studied economics take power, according to new research.
Krannert’s MSHRM Program hosts 9th Annual HR Case Competition and Conference
On Thursday, November 14, the Krannert School of Management’s MSHRM program hosted its 9th annual HR Case Competition. Forty seven students from ten universities participated in two divisions. The Undergraduate division included: BYU, IUPUI, Marian University, Purdue University, and Universidad Panamericana. The Graduate division included: Purdue University, Texas A&M, University of Minnesota, University of South Carolina, and Villanova University.
- Feb 272020 Engagement & Service-Learning SummitThe annual Engagement and Service-Learning Summit, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm hosted by the Office of Engagement. Registration required for this free event.
- Feb 28Supply Chain & Operations Management Seminar with Dr. Maria Ibanez, 2/28/20Please join us and Dr. Maria Ibanez presenting "The Effects of Performance Pay on Discretionary Task Sequence" on Friday, February 28, 2020 in Rawls 2082 at 9:30 - 11:00 am.
- Feb 28Innovation Research and Teaching Committee Seminar with Josh Lerner 2/28/20Please join us and Professor Josh Lerner presenting “Venture Capital and Regional Economic Growth and Innovation: Lessons for Universities and Governments” on February 28, 2020 in KCTR 124 from 9:30 - 11:00 am.
- Feb 28Krannert Executive Forum - Kristina Turczyn, Charles SchwabThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Mar 2Women in Data ScienceAttached you will find information about a great initiative on campus in collaboration with Stanford University. Please pass this information on to your students and colleagues, as all community members are welcome. This information is courtesy of Ting Zhu, Associate Professor in Marketing, a member of WiDS.
- Mar 2Economic Workshop with Eric Sims 3/2/2020Please join us and Professor Eric Sims presenting, "The Four Equation New Keynesian Model" on Monday, March 2 in RAWL 2058 at 11:45-1:00pm.
- Mar 3Chaired Faculty Seminar Series: A CelebrationPlease join us and Professor Richard Makadok as he presents, "First-Mover Advantages Versus First-Mover Benefits: What's the Difference and Why Does it Matter?", on Tuesday, March 03, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. in RAWL 3082 as part of the Chaired Faculty Seminar Series. A reception will follow in RAWL 3 floor commons.
- Mar 3PSST EXCEL Macros WorkshopLet's learn various software by attending FREE in-class workshops with PSST! Our workshops are open to every Purdue student and faculty