Women's career equality and leadership in organizations
Research on women's career equality and leadership is growing in importance. Despite the increased attention being paid to gender equality for decades, progression has slowed or stalled around the globe, in many countries, such as United States.
A work patch for better nursing home care
Placing a loved one in a nursing home can be a traumatic experience for the entire family with concerns about the care and attention they will receive. Imagine if those concerns were eased, simply by some changes in the way the schedules are done for the staff at that facility.
Factories Tire of Wage Wars; Give Fridays Off, Spiff Up Bathrooms
Five years ago, entry-level candidates could expect to earn nine bucks an hour at a Haworth Inc. office-furniture factory. The economy was humming, but job growth was choppy, and wage gains anemic. Read on as Krannert professor Ellen Kossek gives her two cents about work-life balance.
Dr. Mara Faccio named as a 2018 Sharpe Award Winner
Mara Faccio, Professor of Management (Finance) and Duke Realty Chair in Finance, has been announced as a recipient of a 2018 Sharpe Award, in Taxes, Capital Structure Choices, and Equity Value by the Journal of Financial and Quantitative analysis.
- Aug 22KPDC Workshop Series - The 2 Hour Job SearchKrannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop Series
- Aug 22Finance Day at PurdueThe Larsen Leaders Academy and Purdue Finance Workshop present "Finance at Purdue". Learn from finance alumni and students regarding various careers in finance. Hear from 4-5 alumni working in varying careers within the industry, as well as a panel of students fresh from their summer internships in finance. Talks and panel from 6pm-8pm with a networking reception directly following. Location details TBA.
- Aug 23Dan Tran - Purdue UniversityThe accounting department presents Dan Tran from Purdue University as part of the BKD Research Workshop Series.
- Aug 23Krannert Executive Forum - OrientationThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Aug 30Management Fall Seminar Series 2019The Sustainability Research and Teaching Committee will host guest speaker L. Beril Toktay.
- Aug 30Krannert Executive Forum - Byron Young, NikeThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Sep 5Registration for September 5-6, 2019 Conference for Pre-Tenure Women now openThe registration for the September 5-6, 2019 Conference for Pre-Tenure Women is now open – www.purdue.edu/butler. All faculty may attend the keynote and sessions/workshops that will be offered as part of the conference.
- Sep 5KPDC Fall 2019 Workshop: Career Fairs - Differentiate YourselfKrannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop Series